Belleville, IL, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9YQP
This is the ENO Roadie hammock stand. Its got a solid steel construction and has held up well over night and after a few uses. The only thing i may change is replacing the poles with longer ones, it can feel like it hangs a bit low.

_DSF5710(1).JPG

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Which hammock is that. It looks like it has an integrated bug mesh like the Grand Trunk hammock. Great idea for hammock sleeping when there isn't a decent pair of trees.

Quacken

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Belleville, IL, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9YQP
Its the Kammok Mantis. It has a built in ridge line and bug net, as well as tie outs to widen the head area if you want to. The kit also comes witha tarp and 6 stakes. Its a solid system from my experience.

Reactions: Wallygator

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
How well does the "Roadie" pack down? As a hammock camper, I am always looking for ways to hang in the absence of trees or where hanging from trees is prohibited.

Quacken

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Belleville, IL, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9YQP
Size 7 Crocs for scale. It packs down into 2 base pieces and 4 poles. Admittedly the base plates are an awkward shape for storage/stacking due to the pole slot. I am still trying to come up with a truly effecient storage option that doesnt have them simply sitting on each other and rattling with every bump.

IMG_20200507_110043.jpg

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I have one of the original Handy Hammock stands, but it is pretty worthless in hard ground and cumbersome to set up. But, it is light weight and packs small.

I've wanted a Tensa4 stand for awhile, but cannot get over the cost. Although only needing one anchor to the rig would be a great way to hang.

Utahrootbeer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Eagle Mountain, UT, USA
First Name
AW
Last Name
Price
Member #

Yeah, I'm hoping once I have a roof rack I will do a one pole setup. But I rather just drive or sleep in the truck with the pups then.

Iceman.Actual

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Cape Coral, FL, USA
First Name
Payton
Last Name
DeMay
Member #

While I consider this more or less backpack hammocking, the vehicle was within a mile hike and easily accessible.
Good little trip with my Eno Double Nest before I retire her for the ENO Subline that comes in on Friday.

Attachments

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
This is the ENO Roadie hammock stand. Its got a solid steel construction and has held up well over night and after a few uses. The only thing i may change is replacing the poles with longer ones, it can feel like it hangs a bit low.

View attachment 152704
Looks a lot like the Hennessee Hammocks I have. Saw somewhere a guy had mounted a frame that could go on front and rear custom bumpers. Was away from side of vehicle and little higher. Hammocks are comfortable!

Geekmedic

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin
First Name
James
Last Name
Barloon
Member #

I have one of the original Handy Hammock stands, but it is pretty worthless in hard ground and cumbersome to set up. But, it is light weight and packs small.

I've wanted a Tensa4 stand for awhile, but cannot get over the cost. Although only needing one anchor to the rig would be a great way to hang.
Dear for DIY Tensa stand, tensa outdoors even yave instructions on their website. I made mine from fiberglass and aluminum poles, works great except I haven't figured out a tarp solution that I like.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Dear for DIY Tensa stand, tensa outdoors even yave instructions on their website. I made mine from fiberglass and aluminum poles, works great except I haven't figured out a tarp solution that I like.
I followed the DIY development of the tensahedron on Hammock Forums that led to the commercially available Tensa. To this day, I am not sure how I could DIY a stand that would pack up small enough for my liking.

Geekmedic

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin
First Name
James
Last Name
Barloon
Member #

I followed the DIY development of the tensahedron on Hammock Forums that led to the commercially available Tensa. To this day, I am not sure how I could DIY a stand that would pack up small enough for my liking.
I agree that the 4 ft extension poles that I made mine from aren't that small. But compared to my tato stand it is very small.

I figure someday I'll have a cargo basket or box up top and neither will be a factor.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I take a quite simple and lightweight hammock with small package size with me while overlanding. Have it since about 20years now and enjoy even sleeping in it from time to time.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Size 7 Crocs for scale. It packs down into 2 base pieces and 4 poles. Admittedly the base plates are an awkward shape for storage/stacking due to the pole slot. I am still trying to come up with a truly effecient storage option that doesnt have them simply sitting on each other and rattling with every bump.

View attachment 152745
That is a reasonable size and good to carry to avoid the "no tree issue" I guess!