Nebraska, USA
First Name
November
Last Name
Echo21
Member #

Service Branch
USCG 47' MLB Pilot
Interested in hearing any experience with the Garmin Overland GPS System. I used Garmin extensively as a search and rescue 47’ MLB pilot.
For my Yota I’m looking in procuring this system for overlanding in remote areas of WY, MT, CO, and NE. If anyone has experience with this system please provide your pros & cons. See you out on the trails.

Reactions: Kozysnack

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Interested in hearing any experience with the Garmin Overland GPS System. I used Garmin extensively as a search and rescue 47’ MLB pilot.
For my Yota I’m looking in procuring this system for overlanding in remote areas of WY, MT, CO, and NE. If anyone has experience with this system please provide your pros & cons. See you out on the trails.
I look forward to see what gets posted to this thread. Great topic & thanks for posting it.

Reactions: VeteranDan

Grendel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San diego
Member #

We love ours, we bought it for less than $400 though. We have only used it a few times, the trail maps were good comparable to the tablet we were using. The best part for us was for on road driving. ( i have a Tundra) with the toyota nav I can't count the times we have had this experience." The road you want is on the right, the road you want is on the right......(Just before you leave highway.) " stay in left lane and go straight" WTF. With the Overlander The turns are soo much better. ie " The left 2 lanes turn and you should be in the right lane"

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
We have one and used it on our last trip (first time) but I still don't seem to get the gist of downloading trails and routes, so gotta keep figuring that out. We ended up using Gaia and Trails Offroad linked to the InReach. I
Is the InReach the base for all data for the Overlander or for everything in the rig?

Mtnmn99

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chamberlain, SD, USA
First Name
paul
Last Name
piazza
Member #

There is a good thread on this in the GPS section. I have used mine in both California and now in South Dakota. That combined with a In-Reach Mini or any In-Reach devise is incredible. I use my Overlander and a 66I. You may want to look at the 700I as well. Depending on your needs.

Reactions: VeteranDan

VeteranDan

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Nebraska, USA
First Name
November
Last Name
Echo21
Member #

Service Branch
USCG 47' MLB Pilot
There is a good thread on this in the GPS section. I have used mine in both California and now in South Dakota. That combined with a In-Reach Mini or any In-Reach devise is incredible. I use my Overlander and a 66I. You may want to look at the 700I as well. Depending on your needs.
Thanks for this intel

Reactions: Mtnmn99