Overland Florida

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

EuMen77

Rank IV

Advocate I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Eugenio
Last Name
Oscar
Member #

Hello all

I am just getting into overlanding, just became a member recently. I am also a new Florida resident.

I am setting up my rig and I wanted to ask if anybody has had any experience in the FL area and knew of any easy beginner trips that you could point me to so I can start planning my first Overland Florida trip.

Any suggestions/help/recommendations will be met with great appreciation!

Regards,

E

Reactions: Overland_Serenity

Overland_Serenity

Rank V

Traveler I

Middleburg Florida
Member #

Hey I am also in florida. I actually am going to do some exploring out in Osceola National Forest this weekend. I don't know where you are located but if you want you are welcome to come. Always love to meet new like minded people. Also I have found the best way to learn how to plan for a trip is to do a trip. It's not an adventure till something goes wrong anyway...

EuMen77

Rank IV

Advocate I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Eugenio
Last Name
Oscar
Member #

Hey I am also in florida. I actually am going to do some exploring out in Osceola National Forest this weekend. I don't know where you are located but if you want you are welcome to come. Always love to meet new like minded people. Also I have found the best way to learn how to plan for a trip is to do a trip. It's not an adventure till something goes wrong anyway...
Hehe I agree 100%

I am in Miami but I still havent receive my Jeep. Its going to be a while until I have it ready. Im just trying to prepare for when it does come. I would love to come with you on that trip but not going to be able to just now.

However, as soon as I can I hope we can coordinate something. Thanks for the invite :smiley:

EuMen77

Rank IV

Advocate I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Eugenio
Last Name
Oscar
Member #

Hehe I agree 100%

I am in Miami but I still havent receive my Jeep. Its going to be a while until I have it ready. Im just trying to prepare for when it does come. I would love to come with you on that trip but not going to be able to just now.

However, as soon as I can I hope we can coordinate something. Thanks for the invite :smiley:

Overland_Serenity

Rank V

Traveler I

Middleburg Florida
Member #

No problem man. Try not to worry so much about getting ready and just do it. You can loose so much valuable time just trying to get where you want, do it, and learn what you really need. Any time man, I go out as much as possible, so just let me know

EuMen77

Rank IV

Advocate I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Eugenio
Last Name
Oscar
Member #

No problem man. Try not to worry so much about getting ready and just do it. You can loose so much valuable time just trying to get where you want, do it, and learn what you really need. Any time man, I go out as much as possible, so just let me know
Awesome, will do! Thx

The thing is I ordered a Jeep (because there are no 2 door m/t in florida) and it still hasnt arrived, so once it arrives (soon i bope) I need to get some bare essentials on it/for it and then, like you suggest and i agree, just go out and learn on the go.

I will keep you posted on the jeep and preparations until i can join you for sure

Thanks again

Coolhand

Rank VI

Enthusiast I

Miami Lakes, FL
Member #

I'm in Miami as well, welcome to the community. My first trip in my new rig was last year to the ONF. Went out with my stock truck on street tires and basic camping gear. As stated above go out and explore and then figure out what you need. Saves a lot of money and time that way.

EuMen77

Rank IV

Advocate I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Eugenio
Last Name
Oscar
Member #

I'm in Miami as well, welcome to the community. My first trip in my new rig was last year to the ONF. Went out with my stock truck on street tires and basic camping gear. As stated above go out and explore and then figure out what you need. Saves a lot of money and time that way.
Cool, thanks for the welcome!

I am so digging this community, still listening to all the podcasts and videos

I am definitely going to change my plan, i was thinking of getting a bunch of stuff for my ride off the bat but now im just gonna start going out and building upon necesity more than arbitrary building it up.

Thank you both for the recommendation, i so totally agree with it!

EuMen77

Rank IV

Advocate I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Eugenio
Last Name
Oscar
Member #

The eagle has landed!
IMG_2417.jpgIMG_2418.jpg

Reactions: Overland_Serenity

EuMen77

Rank IV

Advocate I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Eugenio
Last Name
Oscar
Member #

REI is having there big summer sale if you want to grab some basics like a sleeping bag, chair, etc.

That color blue is sharp!
Sweet, im definitely going to check out that sale!

Yeah im really happy w the color, also its not a common color here in miami.

Cheers