Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VYV
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
Thought I’d get a head start on this. Unfortunately my spouse can’t join me but am going to head that way this year for my first time. Been wanting to go for quite a while, since they started just could never swing it. We will be heading out from North Georgia but have to stop in Colorado a few days beforehand. Would love to meet up with others and network and get to know others on here.

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
We're heading there as well! Went to the Loveland Expo last year, looking forward to Flagstaff this year. I'm signed up to be a presenter, so look for it on the schedule when it comes out.

Sonarman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North SF bay area
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Arietta
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KMA6AIU
Service Branch
US Submarine Force
This will be my 3rd trip to Expo, good people, other than camping nut to butt its a great time.

KD7WCD

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Influencer I

Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Adamsen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7WCD
Everyone planning on traveling in for Expo West this year be aware that there has already been significant fire activity in the area and that many of the National Forst in Arizona are already enacting fire restrictions.

Rember when you are looking at potential campsites to try to pick places with more than one way out. Dead-end roads are a bad way to end up on the nightly news.

Hope to get to see some of you up there this year.

Travel safe.

Soulverlanding

Rank II

Contributor III

Bethel Park, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Roney
Member #

Service Branch
US NAVY
We will be making an appearance at our 1st Overland Expo this month with an epic 25 day trip from Pittsburgh Pa to Flagstaff Az; with stops in between and after at Alston Point, White Pockets, Lake Powell, Goblin Valley, Maze District, Moab, Arches, RimRocker Trail, Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, and Denver, before heading back to the Burgh. Looking forward to see some of you there and on the trails!

Gladiator Overland

Rank IV

Explorer I

Cherry Log, Fannin County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Fry
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VYV
Service Branch
Air Force / Army
We are heading out either the 14th or the 15th heading from North Georgia towards Colorado to stop at one of our sponsors on Castle Rock for an install. Then down south to Flagstaff for the show probably Wednesday or Thursday morning.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

I will be camping on site, showing up Thursday staying until Sunday? then going to Page, 4 corners, Dinosaur natl. Park. Moab. for a few weeks. maybe meet up at Overland Booth sometime Fri or Sat?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Cant wait to see everyone there, I will be roaming the grounds Friday till sometime Sunday.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

To all those who have gone to Overland Expo West or others, what is the "exclusive hospitality lounge"? I saw it mentioned as another benefit of getting the "Premium" weekend camping pass.
Is it worth jumping from the "General" to the "Premium" weekend camping pass?

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

No. Other than at checking I did not see any benefit of it. There are still a lot of Premium attendees.
So you're saying it isn't worth it to move from General to Premium. Do you know if the camping set up is any different between the two? I thought I saw something about Premium sites being much closer to the Expo so as to not require a bicycle to go back and forth to camp.

Reactions: Old Man Old Truck

kharrel

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Ventura County, CA, USA
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Harrel
Member #

So you're saying it isn't worth it to move from General to Premium. Do you know if the camping set up is any different between the two? I thought I saw something about Premium sites being much closer to the Expo so as to not require a bicycle to go back and forth to camp.
Camping is much closer. It is right out side the gate by food booths. I'd upgrade for that reason alone. General will be on other side of driving EXP. So about 10-15 minute walk at best.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Camping is much closer. It is right out side the gate by food booths. I'd upgrade for that reason alone. General will be on other side of driving EXP. So about 10-15 minute walk at best.
That sounds like a pretty decent incentive. I'm sure there are those that'd say you're saving $20/hike which is true but maybe being closer is nice for random trips back to camp for odds and ends.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Just registered for the weekend. I'll be heading up from Houston but will likely be driving north of Tuscon through the Tonto NF.