Enthusiast III

Norton Shores, MI
First Name
butt
Last Name
hole
Member #

Who's going?

A buddy and I started planning this week, wondering if anyone else here is planning on going and would like to meet up with or travel along with us along the way.

Our tentative plan is to leave West Michigan on the morning of May 8 and haul the mail south to the Trans-America Trail, then head West to Moab area and do some exploring/wheeling prior to Expo, then haul ass back home to our day jobs afterwards.

We're potentially looking for an A-driver or two, additional vehicles to join, and definitely folks to meet up with along the way.

As I said, we're still very early in the planning stages, so any advice or suggestions anyone has regarding Expo (it's our first time), route planning, and must see/must dos, please chime in.

Skullman

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sturgis Michigan
Member #

Hello from Sturgis, Michigan. Sitting at the kitchen table and talking about attending Expo West. Did a date check which lead me to your post (obviously). We are at least initially interested. Do you have any details to date (duration, type of rig, camping)?

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Who's going?

A buddy and I started planning this week, wondering if anyone else here is planning on going and would like to meet up with or travel along with us along the way.

Our tentative plan is to leave West Michigan on the morning of May 8 and haul the mail south to the Trans-America Trail, then head West to Moab area and do some exploring/wheeling prior to Expo, then haul ass back home to our day jobs afterwards.

We're potentially looking for an A-driver or two, additional vehicles to join, and definitely folks to meet up with along the way.

As I said, we're still very early in the planning stages, so any advice or suggestions anyone has regarding Expo (it's our first time), route planning, and must see/must dos, please chime in.
Look forward to seeing members from the MidWest Region at Expo West.

GatorDoc

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Norton Shores, MI
First Name
butt
Last Name
hole
Member #

Hello from Sturgis, Michigan. Sitting at the kitchen table and talking about attending Expo West. Did a date check which lead me to your post (obviously). We are at least initially interested. Do you have any details to date (duration, type of rig, camping)?
Sorry for the tardy reply; I haven't been on the forum in a bit.

Skullman, I don't have any specifics yet other than what I put in the initial post. We're more-or-less winging it, unless we end up making plans with anyone else to meet up along the way or convoy down/back. 8th / 22nd are our depart / return dates currently, but may change if life happens.

I have an FJ Cruiser, my buddy has a Tacoma. Neither of us is built for hard-core wheeling, just factory rear lockers + the usual bigger tires, skid plates, and sliders; probably won't have bumpers or winches in time for the trip. We'll be camping as much as possible, both for the experience as well as to keep costs down, but aren't necessarily against a night or two out indoors.