Overland Expo West 2017 (OEX W) SoCal CONVOY and post trip shenanigans

• HTML tutorial

Yumafolks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Yuma Az
Member #

This is Great. Yumafolks here and guess where we are at. Yuma Az about 2 minutes off the i8 at ext 7. We are not planing to get on the road until about 1700 11May. I have the day off but the Mrs's and our son have work and school. Meaning I'll be floating around our garage packing more stuff than we need. If anyone passing through Yuma has any issues please give me a call 928-502-0284. I'll be here to help. Let me know the San Diego route and we can pull up the rear that evening. I know we won't be getting in until really late so we have a spot reserved at the Ft Tuthill Air Force Rec area right down the street to the expo that night and plan to be at the expo first thing Friday morning to set up camp. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Canyon_Cliff

Rank VI

Influencer I

Victorville, California
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Bennett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YHU
Is anyone planning on taking a few days after the Expo to go to the Grand Canyon or Sedona areas. Rod and I would like to camp out, off the grid, and return home Wednesday.
Would be good to join up with some others.

Reactions: RSO_Tyler

Matt92101

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Temecula ,CA
Member #

We are pulling our Turtleback trailer, and a friend is convoying driving a F150. We'll hopefully see you guys on the road. Leaving in early AM out of Murrieta. Will be on HAM, what is the convoy freq? We'll monitor and stop if anyone falls out.

Reactions: mtnhabitoverland

mtnhabitoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

san dimas, ca
Member #

We are pulling our Turtleback trailer, and a friend is convoying driving a F150. We'll hopefully see you guys on the road. Leaving in early AM out of Murrieta. Will be on HAM, what is the convoy freq? We'll monitor and stop if anyone falls out.
I'll add you to the list so you can have the details via group pm when it's time. Thanks for letting us know!*thumbs up!!

Whiteknuckler

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, Ca.
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6VBG
Will see you all there - Leaving Valencia, Ca. Thursday at 7 am - returning next Monday morning Call sign - Whiteknuckler - Is there a CB channel will be on - or Han radio channel?

Last edited:

mtnhabitoverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

san dimas, ca
Member #

Last chance for sign ups to join us!!!!

A private message will be sent soon to those on the list, asking for confirmation of your participation.

A message to follow will include a request for your vehicle info, contact info and emergency contact info. Everyone in the convoy will have each others info for safety reasons.

Please remember to charge up your ham's and 2-ways, and get that coffee ready for early Thurs morning!!!

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Will see you all there - Leaving Valencia, Ca. Thursday at 7 am - returning next Monday morning Call sign - Whiteknuckler - Is there a CB channel will be on - or Han radio channel?
Usually, the 4 wheelers use channel 4 on the CB Radio. I don't have a ham radio so I can't tell you what channel they use. The FRS people use (if 4 wheelers 4.4).

The Unshaven

Rank I

Traveler I

Howdy All...
New member just signed up yesterday and excited to have found a convoy option. Actually found it in a google search. Technical issues verifying account...finally did.

I would like to meet up with the group meeting @ Barstow Road / I40 Thursday morning at 0630. Too late / convoy full? Have I missed last call?

Even if I did this time around still great to have found ya'll and signed up. See ya at the expo, safe travels all.