Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Providence Forge, New Kent County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scifres
Member #

Tickets go on sale July 1 for day and weekend passes. I'm leaving from Monmouth County and driving down. Anyone else going? And if so, can we start a convoy on the way down to NC?
Defiantly trying to go. We will be heading down from the Williamsburg Area. Not sure if it will be Thursday or Friday.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hey folks,
Registration for Overland Expo East is going to open soon. Who is planning to go from the East Region? Would love to put together a convoy. I will be heading out there a little early as I am working the Overland Bound booth and need to get there to help get it all set up. But anyone wanting to head out a little early is definitely welcome to join me along the way. Otherwise, I think a convoy among y'all would be great!

Check out the event details here: https://www.overlandexpo.com/east/

Reactions: dziner

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I will start a rally point when it gets closer. To be honest, I'm even debating driving my wife's Acura RDX there since it's a 10 hr drive. But it would be cool to meet some people at least.

stifler

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Member #

I will be coming up From Florida! Weekend pass/camping

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I'm driving down on Wednesday as I need to do booth set up on Thursday afternoon. Not sure where I will stop for the night but I do need to be within striking distance Thursday morning. I know that is a bit early in the week for folks but if you want to roll down with me let me know. Leaving from Massachusetts sometime in the morning.

Ryan Hoffman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Somerset, PA
Member #

My wife and I are coming down from western Pennsylvania. We are going to pick up the trans America trial in Chambersburg pa, and travel 675 miles of trails from Wednesday to Friday. Then partake in Saturday's events. Has anyone been on this section of the trans America trail. From Chambersburg PA to Ashville NC. Just looking for a heads up and I'm wondering what to expect as far as daily travel times. We are hoping to get 200 miles in per day for 3 days. That's a lot of trails!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kevin108

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Virginia Beach, VA
Member #

Thought about it, but it's in prime camping time and we went last year. I'm not sure that there will be enough new stuff to justify another trip. Next year is likely though.

I got the best tip from a local last year. Get breakfast at Happy Jack's. The guy who opened it was a former Biltmore chef and everything there is some of the most delicious stuff you'll ever eat, but it's priced like any diner you've ever been to.

If you go downtown, bring cash. They charge for parking almost everywhere and have this stupid system where you cram money into a stainless steel box that's nowhere near where you parked. There was also a way to do it with an app, but that was a pain in the ass too. But if you go downtown, Mellow Mushroom was cool. I really like the bowling balls in the wall around their outdoor seating. Pack's Tavern was good for a couple visits as well.

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

My wife and I are coming down from western Pennsylvania. We are going to pick up the trans America trial in Chambersburg pa, and travel 675 miles of trails from Wednesday to Friday. Then partake in Saturday's events. Has anyone been on this section of the trans America trail. From Chambersburg PA to Ashville NC. Just looking for a heads up and I'm wondering what to expect as far as daily travel times. We are hoping to get 200 miles in per day for 3 days. That's a lot of trails!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I thought the Trans America Trail started in North Carolina.

http://www.transamtrail.com/the-trans-am-trail/

I don't know of any trails from Chambersburg, PA to North Carolina. Can you share this information?

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I'm most likely volunteering at the event again this year. Probably heading down Wednesday. If I leave early in the morning, I can be there sometime in the afternoon. Awaiting feedback from Cyan to know my volunteer schedule. If I'm not rushed, I'll hop on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a change of pace and view. Interstate 81 through Virginia is brutal.