Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I just bought my ticket. I'm coming from northeast Pa., I'd love to catch up and drive down with people.

I don't know if you saw this thread @Dave Hughes but it might be more helpful.

Last edited:

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

I'm most likely volunteering at the event again this year. Probably heading down Wednesday. If I leave early in the morning, I can be there sometime in the afternoon. Awaiting feedback from Cyan to know my volunteer schedule. If I'm not rushed, I'll hop on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a change of pace and view. Interstate 81 through Virginia is brutal.
Got my schedule for volunteering. Setup on thursday and tear down on Monday. Leaving Wednesday morning and cruising thru some scenic routes on blue ridge. At least I have the actual expo days free to audit classes[emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: dziner

Ryan Hoffman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Somerset, PA
Member #

We are picking the trail up at orrtanna, pa sometime around 9:00am. On Wednesday. We will be in purcellville va around 11:00. Maybe we should set up a meet up somewhere for lunch around 12. And continue on our way.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Ryan Hoffman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Somerset, PA
Member #

I missed the part about leaving after school when I read your post the first time. I got excited to convoy. Haha. Let me know if we can still work something out to meet up and ride out together. Hopefully we can can pull a small group together. This will be my first long trip and expo. I have to sit on my hands to keep them from clapping I am so excited.

Dave Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

I missed the part about leaving after school when I read your post the first time. I got excited to convoy. Haha. Let me know if we can still work something out to meet up and ride out together. Hopefully we can can pull a small group together. This will be my first long trip and expo. I have to sit on my hands to keep them from clapping I am so excited.

Sure ,

Ill see if my sone wants to take off Wednesday.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Sounds like you guys will be able to work something out. I look forward to hearing how it goes because I'm definitely interested in checking out the TAT.

I should be leaving my home Wednesday evening. The plan is to drive down to Harrisonburg, spend the night, and then wake up early to hit some trails. I'm thinking Flagpole Knob, Reddish Knob, and if time allows for it Stony Run Trail. I don't know if you're interested in trying to link up for that @Asuarez_673? My wagon isn't clean now and its not going to be clean rolling into Asheville haha.

Dave Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Sounds like you guys will be able to work something out. I look forward to hearing how it goes because I'm definitely interested in checking out the TAT.

I should be leaving my home Wednesday evening. The plan is to drive down to Harrisonburg, spend the night, and then wake up early to hit some trails. I'm thinking Flagpole Knob, Reddish Knob, and if time allows for it Stony Run Trail. I don't know if you're interested in trying to link up for that @Asuarez_673? My wagon isn't clean now and its not going to be clean rolling into Asheville haha.
Possibly we can meet up . Depending on school I may have to leave later as well.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Got my schedule for volunteering. Setup on thursday and tear down on Monday. Leaving Wednesday morning and cruising thru some scenic routes on blue ridge. At least I have the actual expo days free to audit classes[emoji106]

Maybe I can catch up with you on the drive down Wednesday.

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Where are you coming from?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using OB Talk mobile app
I'm coming from Harrisburg, PA. I'm 5 minutes from I81. I was on the BRP yesterday on my way back from the Appalachian Toyota Roundup in Tennessee. Only for about 50 miles or so, north of Roanoke, VA. I needed to get back on the highway to make some time. lol

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

Nice. Well we can meet up on I81 in winchester/front royal if you want. What time were you thinking of leaving on wednesday?

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Nice. Well we can meet up on I81 in winchester/front royal if you want. What time were you thinking of leaving on wednesday?

Probably around 5am. It's roughly 526 miles and 7.5-9 hours via I81 without stops or BRP.

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

the OB crew just set up an "official thread" a bunch of other folks are interested in potentially tagging along/link up with us along the way. "The 'It is Official Overland Expo East' thread" is where they're at.