• HTML tutorial

overland expo east.

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

My rack has not come in yet, it still has some time to come in but I don't think I will have the time to do it. I think I am just going to just throw everything in the back and just head out.
Yeah I think im going to be in the same boat a bit.. Just throw it in and maybe get a better idea of what I need after the weekend. What rack did you go with?

Goatleg84

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

I went with the gobi stealth rack, I want to keep to option of RTT. I am leaning away from RTT and going with a trailer with a tent on it.

Goatleg84

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Any idea what trailer you are going to go with? I am looking at Schutt Xventure, but I am early in the research phase.

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Any idea what trailer you are going to go with? I am looking at Schutt Xventure, but I am early in the research phase.
Good choice! No not yet.. most likely its going to be a custom build, I need it to serve a number of functions (Camper, kayak and Canoe Hauler, misc. hauling duties).. but I haven't decided yet.

john3050

Rank I

Contributor III

Will be heading down Thursday morning, camping at the event. Only a 2.5hr drive this year(from DC area), which is awesome. There's a few of us from this area driving down together if anyone else wants to join.
Any attendees driving from or coming through the Washington DC metro area and willing to car pool? 50/50 chance my DIY build may not be ready in time. My backup plan (Amtrak) only goes to Charlottesville, VA (37 miles north of the expo).

Goatleg84

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Any attendees driving from or coming through the Washington DC metro area and willing to car pool? 50/50 chance my DIY build may not be ready in time. My backup plan (Amtrak) only goes to Charlottesville, VA (37 miles north of the expo).
I am heading down Friday from Manassas, but full up. I hope you get your build done.

ODOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yes, paid for the forrest camping. How about you?
No kinda wishing now I had signed up for that.. I live in the area so probably go somewhere near by and camp. Only have Saturday day passes right now, may extend it to Sunday. Wasn't sure at the time if I would have things I would have to do Sunday but looks open now.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No kinda wishing now I had signed up for that.. I live in the area so probably go somewhere near by and camp. Only have Saturday day passes right now, may extend it to Sunday. Wasn't sure at the time if I would have things I would have to do Sunday but looks open now.
Just an FYI to everyone....you can add Forest Camping after the fact. It is limited to 150 total spots.

Go to their Eventbrite page to add:

IN2DEEP

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Just an FYI to everyone....you can add Forest Camping after the fact. It is limited to 150 total spots.

Go to their Eventbrite page to add:

I am trying to find the page to add the forest addition to the camping but not able to.