Overland expo East

• HTML tutorial

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

We are pulling out of NE Fl on Thursday morning. We've got back roads all the way with a lot of interesting things to explore along the way so we probably will not be pulling in until Friday afternoon. Our plan is to get there in time to get checked in and make the Happy Hour Friday night. We will try to hook up with you all when we get there. If not I will have on my OB t-shirt at the Happy Hour, grab me if you see me.

P.S. The Wife is so excited she refuses to give me my allowance, she is keeping it all to herself for when she checks out the vendors.

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I will be leaving from south central Kentucky Friday morning, probably between 7 and 8am. Should be about three hours to Asheville, maybe 1/2 hour to get checked in. I may stop at the KOA in Candler an check in first.

Hope to catch ya'll there. I'll be wearing a OB shirt and hat.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Man this seems like an awesome trip. I myself will be doing a Jeep Jamboree at the Uwharrie National Forest. I will be in NC on October 5th in the afternoon till Sunday the 9th with the wifey and my boys 9 and 6. I'm going to find out the address for the Expo and see how far it is from where we will be at and try and go for one day if possible to meet some of the members.

rmerron

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

The Uwharrie is where the Appalachian Rendezvous is. We will be there until that Thursday the day the Expo starts

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

How far is the Expo from their. If you don't mind me asking. Not familiar with NC

rmerron

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Scottsboro, Alabama, USA
First Name
Ralph
Last Name
Peters
Member #

A couple of hours East of Asheville. Just past Charlotte. Uwharrie Off Road Training Center
4026 NC Highway 109 North
Uwharrie, North Carolina 27371

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Cool thanks rmerrron. I'm going to look it up on the GPS when I'm up their.

Last edited:

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Well, a week away and here comes the Hurricane! WTF! Not happy about this!!
The weather forecast still only says a 10% chance of rain on Friday and clear for Saturday and Sunday. I am going to keep my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

OldH1

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint Simons Island GA
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Mohr
Member #

Service Branch
Former LEO
Fingers crossed and I am going unless it's path is going to make direct contact...I bailed last year due to weather...not missing it again!

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Every body ready? Navigation completed? Cameras ready? Rig packed up? Got your allowance? Food, water, life jacket (Florida people)? Wife? Overland Expo RECEIPT??

Ok, let's hit the road!
Packing the cooler and hitting the road in the morning. I will be stopping half way because I don't feel like driving for over 10 hours with a 7pm deadline at the end.