Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
Anyone planning to go? Where are you planning to stay? Any rumors on what the ticket prices will be for the expo? I check the portal website weekly and it just states "summer 2018". I see that the event is at the Reeb Ranch. Is anyone familiar with this location regarding on site camping?

Per their website, there are fourteen creek side tent camping sites @ $45 per day. (max 4 people) and group tent camping for $375 per night (50-person max). Per google maps the Nantahala National Forest would be the next closest place to camp. I verified that the Dupont State Forest does not allow camping . Not sure about Mountain Bridge Wilderness Area. Looking for input from any members local to the area.

TIA

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm going but haven't figured out where to stay but REEB ranch says no availability on their site during overland east, last I checked. I find a nice camp ground but it closes 29 Oct, so Stoll looking for a place to stay.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I'm planning on going, driving from the DC area. Their FB and IG pages say tickets will go on sale "Very Soon". So, shouldn't be much longer. Last summer I stayed at a very nice little campground called Campfire Lodgings, just outside of downtown Asheville. A number of the sites overlook the valley and it's a great view. I called them a few weeks back and they were booked as of then, but folks cancel from time to time.

APtrail2005

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Kalispell Montana
Member #

Waiting for tickets to go on sale, I'm heading in from Montana. I was hoping they would offer a place but if not I'll have to check around to find the closest camping sight.

Trbanks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spring Hill, FL
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Banks
Member #

I’m planning on going, just waiting for the details about tickets. I think I may set up camp in the smoky mountains area and drive in for the day each day. Not sure at this point.

Reactions: APtrail2005

davis31052

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Marines
We went ahead and jumped on a spot about 3 miles from the REEB Ranch. Hopefully the expo will run a shuttle so we wont have to move vehicles in and around our spot. It looks like a small campground from Google maps. Now just waiting on ticket to the show.

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
We went ahead and jumped on a spot about 3 miles from the REEB Ranch. Hopefully the expo will run a shuttle so we wont have to move vehicles in and around our spot. It looks like a small campground from Google maps. Now just waiting on ticket to the show.
What campground did you get into?

B^2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

The wife and I will be coming from MA with our newborn and maybe the dog. Might not camp and just get an airbnb given the newborn but would like to camp for a night so we can meet some like minded travelers.