Launch Member

Enthusiast III

melbourne,Fl
First Name
chris
Last Name
freeth
Member #

I’m going to overland Expo east then doing the georgia travers. If you want to go meet up at sam’s club in cocoa fl on 520 at 5:30am and leave at 6am.

View Rally Point

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
As popular as Overlanding has become I can't believe they haven't more Overland Expos besides just East and West. Overland Expo East is a 13+ hour drive for me in NW Florida.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
That's right, a Southeast Expo in Western Arkansas, almost as far from me as Virginia. Why not do one in Northern Alabama or Georgia and give those of us in the real Southeast a chance to go to one without wasting two long days driving to get there and back home!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sasquatch SC

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Yeah, that was quite the odd choice of location for an OB rally that was originally advertised as "Southeast". You may have noticed that shortly after they posted it, they removed the "Southeast" labelling and just called it "Ozarks" – assumedly, in response to all of the Southeast folks who were baffled.

It would literally take less time to drive to the Ozarks from Cheyenne, WY than from Upstate SC. And I'm 3+ hours inland! For anyone on the coast of the Carolinas or Georgia, or almost anyone in Florida, it'd be equally accurate to have called it "OB Rally Northwest". :tearsofjoy: