Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Going to start prepping tonight! Has anyone checked the weather? Low 30's and 50% chance of rain/snow will make camping fun... it's tempting to get a hotel or cabin. :-P

RickRockey

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi, My name is Rick and my wife is Shelley. We are newbies to 4x4 adventures (moving over from motorcycles) We just picked up a 2013 Rubicon JKU in Dozer yellow,outfitted with some AEV goodies. We are headed out on Thursday from the Palm Desert area of Calif. and will be arriving at the camp site around 4 or 5pm. If you see us please say "HI" as we are looking forward to meeting new friends and learning the ropes with regard to "Overland" travel.

Thanks & Safe Travles,
Rick & Shelley Rockey

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@rickrockey Rick, welcome to Overlanding! Hope to see you at the expo. I'll be in the 4Runner this trip and plan on rolling in around 2:00-3:00 on Thursday depending on how distracted I get on the way there. (Really want to check out the Petrified Forest National Park.)
Drive Safe.

Darryl_Diehl

Rank 0

Contributor I

I'll be heading over from Tulsa, OK Wednesday morning. I drove down from upstate NY. The Adirondacks not Yonkers last Thursday and stopped to visit my brother and his family for a few days here in Tulsa. I am getting ready to hit the road again and see a part of our great country that I haven't seen yet. I just hope the weather turns out better than the forecast. But it won't matter it is going to be quite an experience. See you all at the EXPO!

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Dominic here from Riverside Ca, I'm heading out late Thursday night...going to do the night driving thing should be fun. I'll be sure to look everyone up once I get to the Expo. Drive safe everyone.

msoverlandbound

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

For those rolling in on Thursday night: Michael and I will be hanging at the Mormon Lake Lodge Saloon around 6PM and plan to be there to relax and meet as many Overlanders as possible! Please come by!

Friday night: We're planning on loading up the OB coolers with some beer, and will have our 'door' open at our campsite all evening. BYOC! (Bring Your Own Chair)

@rickrockey - Please be on the look out for us! We'd love to meet you and say hello! Welcome!

@19854runner - See you on Friday!

@stringtwelve - Hope you can join us Thursday evening. :blush:

@hospitablerobert - Ha!! See you there?

And anyone else I've missed on this thread... Y'all know what our rig looks like. Come say HI! :grinning:

fledwell

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

<p>Be sure to stop by the OutdoorX4 Magazine booth at spot #7B.  We'll be giving away complimentary copies of our latest issue, you'll be able to pick-up subscriptions for 20% off (as well as discounts on our XPLOR t-shirts, etc), and we'll be hosting the OutdoorX4 Passport which ends with a big raffle on Saturday afternoon. </p>

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

<p>This is just Awesome Guys!  I am soo jealous. We need Overland Expo Live reports. Pics, lots of them :-O</p>
<p>Frisly</p>
<p>OB 0097 </p>

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

<p>Y'all have a fantastic time, and take lots of photos. I'd love to be going along! Maybe another year.</p>
<p>Have a cold one for me,<br />Steve</p>

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

<p>I'm all set up now. Up at the saloon having a beer and steak for anyone that wants to join. I'll be sitting by the door as soon as you come in...</p>

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
We had a great time! Great meeting some of the crew in person. Next year we will need to do a full-on bbq and beer fest! :wink: