Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

You guys all going to Expo need to block off a good half day to "aimlessly wander parking lot gawking at rigs"!!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
9106 said:
You guys all going to Expo need to block off a good half day to “aimlessly wander parking lot gawking at rigs”!!
I totally agree Robert! I tried to put in some downtime between sessions. I think I did OK!

M

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

I probably booked too much but it was hard not to! Guess I'll do a lot of eating and walking during lunch and dinner. :wink:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
9376 said:
I probably booked too much but it was hard not to! Guess I’ll do a lot of eating and walking during lunch and dinner.
Right? I was the same way! Well, we'll figure it out!

M

fledwell

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

OutdoorX4 Magazine (www.outdoorx4.com) will have a booth there.  Please stop by and say hello!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
9478 said:
OutdoorX4 Magazine (www.outdoorx4.com) will have a booth there. Please stop by and say hello!
Awesome! It will be great to meet the OutdoorX4 team in person! You have a great magazine, very much in alignment with OB. I love what you guys are doing!

M

fledwell

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Right on, Michael!  It'll be great to meet you as well.

Thanks a ton for your fine compliments on the mag.  Much appreciated.  :blush:

HeftyFabworks

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor I

I'll be getting there Thursday evening from Colorado Springs. Planning on heading to Moab Sunday to hook up with some of my vendors at Gone Moab for a couple days before heading back to the shop. It would be great to meet everyone.

Chris

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
10006 said:
I’ll be getting there Thursday evening from Colorado Springs. Planning on heading to Moab Sunday to hook up with some of my vendors at Gone Moab for a couple days before heading back to the shop. It would be great to meet everyone. Chris
@heftyfabworks, it sounds like you have a similiar schedule to mine, and we shoul be sure to get together!

M

msoverlandbound

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey everyone - We're going to make sure and have a few meetups scheduled during the weekend! Would be great to connect in person, have beers, etc.

I'll post locations/times in this thread, and as we get closer to the Expo weekend, we'll confirm the details.

And you will *definitely* find us here... Local Saloon at some point for a toast. Perhaps for an opening get together on Thursday!

Michael and I are super excited to (finally) be going this year!! We were going to attend last year, but I made the mistake of booking our wedding on the same weekend.  (I know... I know... lame wifey.)

Corrie #0000

Levi_Guimond

Rank 0

Contributor I

I would be interested in meeting up with some Overland Bound members at the Expo, especially if anyone is heading to Alaska after the weekend. We are going to try our best to make it to Flagstaff, but we have about 3700 drive to get there and 5 or 6 days to do it in. I will stay posted to see when and where people are meeting up. -Levi

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

I am excited to report that I will be going. I have been trying now for several years to get out to either the west or east overland expo... my work schedule just never aligned until this year. I am flying in from Missouri to Phoenix where my brother-in-law and I will be driving up Friday morning. Let me know when/where everyone plans to meet. Myself, I think this year I am going to just wonder around and check out everyones gear...

Actually, I am open to suggestions here from those who have been before. My main goal is to research trucks, tents, trailers, and gear. Im currently running a Chevy 2500 but have plans to upgrade in November to the new RAM AEV 2500/3500 CTD. That is going to be the foundation for my overland build. Like I said, right now I just run around in the Chevy... before that it was a 2011 JK and before that a tricked out 2003 Rubicon on 35's. Is there enough value in getting the overland package to attend some of the seminars AND still have enough time to check out all of the gear... Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
10614 said:
I would be interested in meeting up with some Overland Bound members at the Expo, especially if anyone is heading to Alaska after the weekend. We are going to try our best to make it to Flagstaff, but we have about 3700 drive to get there and 5 or 6 days to do it in. I will stay posted to see when and where people are meeting up. -Levi
Keep us posted, and I'll do the same. We should meet up somewhere for sure. What @msoverlandbound said above. Maybe Friday evening would be a good time for a meetup?

Looking forward to it.

M

Levi_Guimond

Rank 0

Contributor I

Friday evening would work for us. We are planning on camping at the on- site camp ground. Maine to Flagstaff, AZ is about 2700 miles, not 3700 as I mentioned before. I think I can comfortably do it in 5 days, so if everything goes according to our plan I will arrive on Thursday.

I will keep in touch, and hopefully get you some pictures of our 80 Series all decked out for a summer exploring Alaska.

-Levi

udoxx

Rank 0

Contributor I

I will be looking forward to seeing your travels,  I have not been able to make this in four years!  Hope to make it next year!

drizzledre

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor II

Encino, ca
Member #

anthony, my dad, and i are hopefully going to make it. its our goal for this year

cant wait to meet mr. and mrs. overlandbound!

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Someone must be excited! 7 days and counting.... @administrator . I have to plan for this next year, my daughter wants to camp in the desert really bad. She's a big star gazer.

msoverlandbound

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

We're starting to get into prep mode over here!! We'll be posting updates here and on Instagram as we get closer to the Expo dates. We'll make sure people know where to find us!

Soooo stoked on this.