Overland build order

• HTML tutorial

whec716

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

I'll be building a 2016 Tacoma TRD off-road. This is my first build. Curious as to what order you would build everything. Also any Tacoma owners I'd be interested in your feedback on my parts list.

King coil over shocks
Ome Dakar springs
CBI front bumper..do I really need a hoop?
CBI rear bumper with swing out tire holder
CBI sliders
Trd pro wheels
Tires tbd
Dual battery setup
Winch warn synthetic... model unknown
Skids TBD

Arb under hood compressor

Tent camping to start and move into a AT trailer with a hard shell RTT.

Thanks
Chris

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Reactions: SLO Rob

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Nice truck man. Looks like a solid list. Looking forward to the progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

That's a nice to-do list!
Here's my suggested priority:
  1. Tires
  2. King coil over shocks
  3. Ome Dakar springs
  4. CBI sliders
  5. Skids
  6. Arb under hood compressor
  7. CBI front bumper..do I really need a hoop? (Hoops are MOSTLY for looks, it all depends on your preference)
  8. Winch warn synthetic... model unknown
  9. Dual battery setup
  10. CBI rear bumper with swing out tire holder
  11. Trd pro wheels
Obviously, this is just my opinion but I would try and focus on the functional aspect of the build first.

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

bee_CO

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
Bee
Last Name
Bee
That's a nice to-do list!
Here's my suggested priority:
  1. Tires
  2. King coil over shocks
  3. Ome Dakar springs
Obviously, this is just my opinion but I would try and focus on the functional aspect of the build first.
I agree with this, except I would say do suspension before tires, if you are planning on going with a larger tire size that might not fit with factory suspension.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
One major upgrade component to consider is UCA, as with any toy IFS you will loose adjust-ability with a lift if running OEM UCA.
Just something to consider during your build.....

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

One major upgrade component to consider is UCA, as with any toy IFS you will loose adjust-ability with a lift if running OEM UCA.
Just something to consider during your build.....
This is a serious point to consider!. Especially if you are increasing the lift of the vehicle. The OEM ball joint will not last long at all once you start to flex the suspension. They have a very limited range of motion.

Love the color of the truck!

Reactions: mmnorthdirections

whec716

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

This is a serious point to consider!. Especially if you are increasing the lift of the vehicle. The OEM ball joint will not last long at all once you start to flex the suspension. They have a very limited range of motion.

Love the color of the truck!
Total chaos UCAS ordered

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Total chaos UCAS ordered
Out of curiosity, why did you order the Total Chaos UCA?

I am just interested in why people choose what they do. I picked the Icon version, because the ball joint was flush on the top of the UCA. Additionally, because of a recommendation also.

4runner2015

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nice truck. I wanted a Tacoma, but went with a 4Runner because I got a good deal. Nice color too. I had to settle for silver because of the price. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck...I just like yours better. Lol

Reactions: Gunnermoose

whec716

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Out of curiosity, why did you order the Total Chaos UCA?

I am just interested in why people choose what they do. I picked the Icon version, because the ball joint was flush on the top of the UCA. Additionally, because of a recommendation also.
Based on everything I read and talking to owners the Tc UCA seems to be the gold standard.

For what it's worth I originally planned on a icon stage 7 setup but ran across some unhappy owners.

Not sure that helps much.

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

I originally planned on a icon ... but ran across some unhappy owners.
I be interested in what you heard. I am a sponge when it comes to this. Especially when you spend the money they require to purchase. If there is news out there I havent heard I would like to be prepared. If you know what I mean.

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Just a side note. I went with Camburg Racing UCA due to the MOOG ball joint that is more easily servicable and proveds a lower price point. The uni-ball joints have to be cleaned allot to maintain serviceability and are costly to replace vs a standard high quality Moog joint or an OEM Toyota replacement. No wait time If I need one. $ .02 worth of my thinking. I wish I could afford a complete Icon setup, I have seen them in action on an FJ and was awesome. Until I saw the BP-51 setup......Good luck with your build and look forward to the progress!!!!!!