Launch Member

Member I

South Portland, Maine
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Faulkner-Macklin
Member #

The "Overland Bound Routes: Downloadable!" forum could be improved by creating regional sub categories. It is great to see all the routes however digging through is not the most intuitive and the filter does not really allow for regional sorting(maybe I am missing something). By breaking it into regions it will allow easier usage and planning.

Cheers,
Gabe

RobMac

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brisbane, Queensland Australia
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Mac
Member #

The "Overland Bound Routes: Downloadable!" forum could be improved by creating regional sub categories. It is great to see all the routes however digging through is not the most intuitive and the filter does not really allow for regional sorting(maybe I am missing something). By breaking it into regions it will allow easier usage and planning.

Cheers,
Gabe
I would have to agree... I'm only new here and not that familiar with my way around the forum yet but one possible thought is to have a specific ROUTE TOPIC under each area within the OVERLAND BOUND BY REGION section. This way a person wanting to search a specific area would simply go here and look within their area of interest...

Just my 2 cents worth...

Reactions: Lil Bear

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Ok the routes in "share a route" all have a prefix that the OP can select for the routes region, seems most do not select a region......

Once approved and moved it should have a region.

I turned on the prefix option and made it mandatory to have a prefix.

Last edited:
Reactions: GX470fm and RobMac

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ok the routes all have a prefix that the OP can select for the routes region, seems most do not select a region......
I must be missing something because when I go into this forum and start a post, I don't have the prefix option here or in the share routes forum. Just the field for Thread Title.

As a second question, I thought I read that threads posted in the Share Your Overland Routes forum would be moved over to the Downloadable forum. Does that still happen? Or do I just submit a thread in both forums?

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Yeah sorry I was asleep still when I looked into this, all should be good now. Yes share then approved gets moved.

Reactions: BchBum11511

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Yeah sorry I was asleep still when I looked into this, all should be good now. Yes share then approved gets moved.
Awesome, thanks for clarifying how routes get added to the downloadable section. There's a thread of mine in Downloadable (Talladega Nation Forest) that should be deleted, so the one in the Shared forum can be moved over :grimacing:

Reactions: Jim SoG

Ben_in_ILM

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Myrtle Grove, NC
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Glad I found this. I added a route last week and was wondering how long it took to be moved to downloadable. Really great way to be able to share with everyone.