Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

We've talked about a video section for some time now; I figured we at least need a thread for OB members to post their self-made videos.

Here's one my brothers and I made for our annual (as of this year) Christmas Overland Run:

This was video was shot on our family farm on old trails I helped my late "pappaw" clear years ago. Some of the final footage was taken a few miles away at Roosevelt Mountain Wildlife Management Area.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Looks like you had a great time. This is part one of three from our trip back in May.

Reactions: SLO Rob

bigrob8181

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Landry
Member #

I took my jkus out for the first time today. I've never been off roading. I have no winch. And i had no group to go with. I would have loved to have gone down the whole road but was worried about getting stuck in the middle of no where. All i had was my cb i installed 2 days ago because there was no cell service. I have to admit, i am pretty proud to have gotten her dirty.
Here is my little trek through the woods on a seasonal road.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I took my jkus out for the first time today. I've never been off roading. I have no winch. And i had no group to go with. I would have loved to have gone down the whole road but was worried about getting stuck in the middle of no where. All i had was my cb i installed 2 days ago because there was no cell service. I have to admit, i am pretty proud to have gotten her dirty.
Here is my little trek through the woods on a seasonal road.
Good for you getting her dirty, you hooked yet :laughing:

Reactions: bigrob8181

bigrob8181

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Landry
Member #

Good for you getting her dirty, you hooked yet :laughing:
Yup. Ive been itching to take her out but the local jeep club around here is not very active during the holidays. I go back to work monday, so today was a last ditch effort to do something. I know in due time ill be out with the big boys, but baby steps first. The wife and i are eyeballing ouray, co. It looks awesome. But co is pretty far from ct, so we are going to try to make it sometime next summer/fall... if possible. But i will definately take every opportunity to go off road until then. I also gotta get a new bumper and a winch.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Have not wheeled there myself yet but Ouray is great. If you can manage the time you should go on out to Moab UT since you are already traveling that far. Unfortunately we did not have time to stop in Ouray when we went to Moab but will be heading back out there someday.

Reactions: bigrob8181

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

I'm slowly building video stock to edit down something neat for Family Adventure/Overlanding things, but for now here is something I put together from my previous profession. Those are Honda ST1300s and according to the Co-Op's scale my bike weighed roughly 950lbs with a full tank of gas before I climbed on it.

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
This is one of my videos from 3 years ago in the Western Cascades foothills.

Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cappy410

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

haha aight so this was my first long trip when I first got my patriot and also the first go of recording trips. We headed out to a camping grounds in Cleveland National Forest here in Southern CA. If anyone has any tips for iMovie let me know.
If you look real close at 7:51 you see a deer run across the road. Kinda hard to see but at 7:56 you can see it on the left sholder

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Sooooooo, its not exactly a video of wheeling, but it does include a pretty sweet truck. A friend and I shot a joke promo video for an off roading / fly fishing trip that didn't end up happening. We had fun though.

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Here's really my first attempt at a video. It's about 28 minutes long. As far as the music goes, I was getting irritated with Youtube so I just threw some songs on it. Let me know what you think.

Reactions: MarkW and murps

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Here's my first Canadian Overland episode from 2015. I will be doing a 10 part series this year on our Moab Expedition. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: murps

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Sooooooo, its not exactly a video of wheeling, but it does include a pretty sweet truck. A friend and I shot a joke promo video for an off roading / fly fishing trip that didn't end up happening. We had fun though.

Love it! Brokeback Mountain 2, The Lost Waters. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: murps