Hillsboro, OR
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Arnesen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KU7PDX
QuartzFest is a week-long ham radio, camping, learning and living event. My wife and I will be attending QuartzFest 2020 and wanted to get the word out about the event so that others that are interested in ham radio. For 2019, they had a record attendance of over 1,000!

View Rally Point

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
It's unlikely I'll be able to make it, but I want to thank you nonetheless for putting this together.

de N1TEW

Reactions: Chris Arnesen

DWL

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast I

North Carolina
First Name
Don
Last Name
Lincoln
Member #

QuartzFest is a week-long ham radio, camping, learning and living event. My wife and I will be attending QuartzFest 2020 and wanted to get the word out about the event so that others that are interested in ham radio. For 2019, they had a record attendance of over 1,000!
What's the rest of the details on this? I'm just starting to study so I have plenty to learn.

Chris Arnesen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hillsboro, OR
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Arnesen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KU7PDX
What\'s the rest of the details on this? I\'m just starting to study so I have plenty to learn.
Rally Points come up kinda strange in the forum if that is where you saw this. More info will be on the Rally Point page under the "Rally Point Notes."

The event website is at https://quartzfest.org/ and they'll update it with schedule and location info as soon as it comes out. I'll keep the Rally Point page update as well.

Reactions: DWL and Neal A. Tew

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Gordon West (Author of popular study guides and co-host of HamNation) is a often in attendance.

Last year they also had a "Jeep" tour...

Have never been but looks fun.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

AZ Trooper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Peoria, AZ, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Edward
Member #

Sounds like fun and was actually reading about amateur radio.
Looks like a great place to learn about ham radio, go on some rides and meet cool people.

yj4roks

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fallbrook, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Chase
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6FWD
Sounds fun...I'll keep this on the radar for sure! I have my HAM license but always need brushing up on info! I have not been to this area so would be cool to check out. I would likely be there only for Friday and Saturday at the end of the event.