Overland Bound #9182 Reporting!

• HTML tutorial

Rattler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay City, MI
Hey all,
I have been on the forums for a while but never got the membership. I am located in Bay City, Michigan. I recently had the generosity of someone pay it for me as a gift. Things are pretty $$ tight for me right now.
My rig is a 2004 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab. 156k on it and it just got a brand new frame courtesy of Toyota. I have a bedrack and Mombasa rooftop tent mounted on it in the warmer months. "3 lift with Bilstein 5100s, OME coils and AALs (plus brand new leafs now, thanks Toyota!). Many other things done over the years. I have had the BajaRack on there forever too.
I mainly go to Michigan's Upper Peninsula for camping/overlanding and have been going up there for about 10 years. I have also travelled to several other places around the Great Lakes region.
Not sure how long my overlanding days will continue. I have a kidney transplant hopefully coming up in the next month due to polycystic kidney disease (google it but it ain't pretty!). I will have a ton of restrictions on various things for a while. Right now, driving the Taco is kept to shorter distances. It takes it's toll on me. Hopefully I will be able to get back at it by the end of next summer in a limited capacity at least. I may end up with a Subaru overland build though if the ride keeps bothering me.
I even managed to stumble through writing couple mag articles over the last few years too.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey all,
I have been on the forums for a while but never got the membership. I am located in Bay City, Michigan. I recently had the generosity of someone pay it for me as a gift. Things are pretty $$ tight for me right now.
My rig is a 2004 Toyota Tacoma Doublecab. 156k on it and it just got a brand new frame courtesy of Toyota. I have a bedrack and Mombasa rooftop tent mounted on it in the warmer months. "3 lift with Bilstein 5100s, OME coils and AALs (plus brand new leafs now, thanks Toyota!). Many other things done over the years. I have had the BajaRack on there forever too.
I mainly go to Michigan's Upper Peninsula for camping/overlanding and have been going up there for about 10 years. I have also travelled to several other places around the Great Lakes region.
Not sure how long my overlanding days will continue. I have a kidney transplant hopefully coming up in the next month due to polycystic kidney disease (google it but it ain't pretty!). I will have a ton of restrictions on various things for a while. Right now, driving the Taco is kept to shorter distances. It takes it's toll on me. Hopefully I will be able to get back at it by the end of next summer in a limited capacity at least. I may end up with a Subaru overland build though if the ride keeps bothering me.
I even managed to stumble through writing couple mag articles over the last few years too.

Hi Rattler and welcome to OB! Nice looking Tacoma and RTT! Safe travels and enjoy those open road!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all,

Hello and welcome to the OB crew..great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your adventures..great set up..

Reactions: Rattler

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
Hi, and welcome....nice rig and glad Toyota stepped up for you. Hope all goes well with the kidney transplant and your able to get back out and enjoy the beautiful outdoors again soon. Good luck and happy travels!

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hey all,

Welcome from So Cal, love the Tacoma I have a 2002 and 2012 great trucks.

Reactions: Rattler