San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
Added some more stickers to the rig, so that everybody knows where to find the first aid kit and the fire extinguisher/ fire blanket

Maybe a good idea also for others?!

Bjoern
Smart. I had the same idea. I put this on the outside of my rig, to let others know, in case of an emergency. Every second counts. I need one for the FAK, now that I see this.
20200819_153456.jpg

Reactions: El-Dracho

ZroCool

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Gene
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Hello Gene!
Thanks for buying the kit! Due to the COVID-19 situation, there is a shortage of pulse ox devices (same with the hand sanitizer). OLS is working hard to source these. Once available we will be sending them to everyone who didn't get one.

Chris

Any Updates?

texascrane

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Derek
Last Name
F
My med kit came in pretty handy yesterday. I took a hard fall while out mountain biking with some friends and I was pretty sure that my wrist was broken or at least badly sprained. I made it back to my Jeep and realized I wasn’t close to home and couldn’t go straight to an ER because my very expensive bike was going to disappear while I was inside.

But I keep my med kit in the back seat ofJeep full-time. So I pulled out the splint, cold pack, and some tape and was able to put together a very nice splint for my wrist. I just made it look like the picture on the splint. I was able to drive home, drop off the bike and then went to the ER. One nurse actually asked me if the ambulance had put the splint on when they were walking me back to a room (no ambulance was called or needed).

Turns out that I fractured the ulna and radius and will be out of action for about 6 weeks. But it was nice to be able to deal with the injury in the short term and not have to rush straight to an emergency room.

Reactions: juliusguru

Advocate II

My med kit came in pretty handy yesterday. I took a hard fall while out mountain biking with some friends and I was pretty sure that my wrist was broken or at least badly sprained. I made it back to my Jeep and realized I wasn’t close to home and couldn’t go straight to an ER because my very expensive bike was going to disappear while I was inside.

But I keep my med kit in the back seat ofJeep full-time. So I pulled out the splint, cold pack, and some tape and was able to put together a very nice splint for my wrist. I just made it look like the picture on the splint. I was able to drive home, drop off the bike and then went to the ER. One nurse actually asked me if the ambulance had put the splint on when they were walking me back to a room (no ambulance was called or needed).

Turns out that I fractured the ulna and radius and will be out of action for about 6 weeks. But it was nice to be able to deal with the injury in the short term and not have to rush straight to an emergency room.
That's no Bueno! Heal up quick!

Advocate II

1. Will I be able to choose the Olive colored bag?
2. Will I be able to use my FSA CC on checkout?
Yes to both, however, the OB store is not set up to accept HSA or FSA.
If you’d like to use this type of account, please follow these steps:
  1. Contact OB and let them know that you would like to use your HSA/FSA to purchase a OVERLAND BOUND 3-IN-1 MED KIT
  2. Be sure to include your full name, Member #, shipping address, and telephone number.
  3. Once Member Status is verified you will receive a invoice from Outer Limit Supply that includes your Member discount.

Last edited:
Reactions: 06tacodude

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP

Advocate II

If you’d like to use a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flex Spending Account (FSA) to purchase your Med kit please follow these steps:
  1. Contact OB and let them know that you would like to use your HSA/FSA to purchase a OVERLAND BOUND 3-IN-1 MED KIT.
  2. Be sure to include your full name, color choice, Member #, shipping address, and telephone number.
  3. Once Member Status is verified you will receive a invoice from Outer Limit Supply via email that includes your Member discount.
  4. Use your HSA or FSA to pay the invoice.

Reactions: 06tacodude

ZroCool

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Las Vegas
First Name
Gene
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Yes to both, however, the OB store is not set up to accept HSA or FSA.
If you’d like to use this type of account, please follow these steps:
  1. Contact OB and let them know that you would like to use your HSA/FSA to purchase a OVERLAND BOUND 3-IN-1 MED KIT
  2. Be sure to include your full name, Member #, shipping address, and telephone number.
  3. Once Member Status is verified you will receive a invoice from Outer Limit Supply that includes your Member discount.
Wished I would have known I could use the FSA for this...

Reactions: Outer Limit Supply