Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

FOUND!
To secure, fasten, and hold outdoor gear in a truck while overlanding is a must. I found my cargo net!

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
You actually bought one of these things? That’s a lot of fiddling around packing & unpacking. I must ask, is the company giving you a discount as you have shamelessly advertised for them? I know I’d at least want some free gear for doing it. Imagine what these forums would look like if everyone started posting up advertisement videos of the gear they use.

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

No, not sponsored. No, not advertising, and no shame as the content is for those who seek experiential options.

Reactions: gonzoy5

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
No, not sponsored. No, not advertising, and no shame as the content is for those who seek experiential options.
Well then, tell us of your experience with it. Look- I have tarped more than a couple of loads over the course of my life and quickly found a different approach. I hope yours stays down, doesn’t flap around in the wind, doesn’t develop rips or tears and lasts a decade or two. I almost put up an advertisement for some gear that I use, but I quickly reminded myself of the afementioned reasons not to. I for one enjoy these forums immensely because they are ad free and I hope to help keep them that way.

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

Military-grade straps, does not flap, weather tested as it's coated, and accident load rated.
Oh, I have never had a theft attempt, as you watched, when it's strapped on, it's blended onto the truck.
As a result, looks too complicated to deal with.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I've used a cargo net, though not of this seemingly high quality, for my drives to PEI and FLA. I think everyone who carries a load in an open bed pickup truck has used a net, or thought about it

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I think anyone who owned a pickup in the 80's had a cargo net. Not sure why I stopped using them, possibly because of the poor build quality of the times. These look to be well built. On the other hand, the video shows cargo boxes on a platform being held in place with the net. My experience would have them shifting around. I would have used straps on the boxes and the net more for the bags. I believe a net really shines securing soft containers.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I think anyone who owned a pickup in the 80's had a cargo net. Not sure why I stopped using them, possibly because of the poor build quality of the times. These look to be well built. On the other hand, the video shows cargo boxes on a platform being held in place with the net. My experience would have them shifting around. I would have used straps on the boxes and the net more for the bags. I believe a net really shines securing soft containers.
This and mainly to make sure lighter items dont get blown out of the truck bed. Theoretically you dont have to be as fastidious packing lighter items inside boxes. Or lighter items or blankets could be used as batting between boxes or delicate items. And they dont work their way out and get blown away as easily