Ouachita National Forest, Ozark National Forest & Mark Twain National Forest Highlights Request

• HTML tutorial

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
Taking advantage of spare time with the rona virus situation....I'm looking into some highlights within these three national forest for future trip planning. Would anyone care to share some key areas here? Waterfalls, lookout towers, epic views, peaceful dispersed camping spots, stream areas for fishing would all be very much appreciated!

Thank you!!

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
@grubworm Awesome info. Thank you. I think that is where the arkansas offroad youtuber guy spends some of his time. That restaurant name sounds awfully familiar. I'll look at some of those spots on Gaia.

Reactions: grubworm

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
@grubworm several years ago I was traveling along I40 near Lake dardanelle, It was evening and about 75 degrees. I remember rolling the windows down and smelling a scent similar to pine-sol. That area just smelled so fresh, even on the interstate.

Reactions: grubworm

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
been looking for same area. I did see info for the following and going to see if wife wants to try it on fathers day weekend. you can put into google maps top search gives general area and a few you tube post plus a mountain biker says saw several campsites with fire rings just off road and checked the IMV map and it is not a closed road. let me know if anyone is interested in camping and exploring( dispersed campsite)
Falling Water Falls
Smyrna Township, AR 72856
1591753829684.png1591753925486.png

Reactions: MidwestVoyager

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Looks like we are going Fathers day weekend to version of previous mentioned trip. I need to get better with Gia maps(watch you tube video a few times) so can upload and share possible dispersed campsites and routes to share

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
I’ve got Gaia down on organizing, planning, marking waypoints to visit but I don’t know how to share effectively either. I’ve got lots of places marked as waypoints and organized into folders. Would be nice just to export folder but so far I’m only able to export waypoints individually.

Your gonna have a blast though either way! What’s your email address and I’ll share my ozarks folder with you. I do know how to do that.

Tega1966

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Belton, MO, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Ortega
Member #

I’ve got Gaia down on organizing, planning, marking waypoints to visit but I don’t know how to share effectively either. I’ve got lots of places marked as waypoints and organized into folders. Would be nice just to export folder but so far I’m only able to export waypoints individually.

Your gonna have a blast though either way! What’s your email address and I’ll share my ozarks folder with you. I do know how to do that.
Hello. Would you mind sharing Ozark folder with me. Heading out there tomorrow. Tka

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Just update went to Mark Twain national forest and stayed weekend and did a little scouting. Paddy creek campground is real nice but no cell service even with boosterr. Big Piney has 6 spots but expect horses but cell signal good enough with booster. I will post pictures. It was relaxing weekend and new rig setup worked real well even new hot shower setup :-)

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
@Tega1966 sorry I am just now seeing this. Had our first born child a bout a week ago, needless to say I've been occupied. I will share several that I've got going for Ozarks, Mark Twain and Ouachita.

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS