Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

We all had a great time at OTTO expo 2022. And the good news is: the date for OTTO 2023 is already set. Again, of course, on the idyllic grounds around Ohrdruf Castle. So, let's build on the great time and meet there again next year!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Important information for everyone coming to OTTO expo this year. The tickets can already be bought online and currently at a reduced price. There are also early bird tickets available for all those who want to arrive before the start of the expo. Since I am already in the area before, I have just ordered a ticket for the arrival already on 3rd October.

If you book, please remember to fill in the field "Group" Overland Bound like last year and send me your booking number, name and license plate number via PN. Then I will take care of the group place.

I'm already looking forward to another great meetup at the expo.

Reactions: XC70_OVERLANDER

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
We were in Ohrdruf this weekend and I talked to Jörg about a group place for OB like last year. If we have six or more registrations in a group we can have a pre-reserved group spot. I see 5 registrations so far (@Constantin @Claus_za @NotGumby @XC70_OVERLANDER @El-Dracho ).

Please do not forget to order the tickets via the expo website and enter "Overland Bound" as the group name and then please send me the order number via personal message here in the forum so that I can merge the places and forward to Jörg for arrangement of the group place. Thank you.

Constantin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Nuremberg, germany
First Name
Constantin
Last Name
Alecu
Member #

We were in Ohrdruf this weekend and I talked to Jörg about a group place for OB like last year. If we have six or more registrations in a group we can have a pre-reserved group spot. I see 5 registrations so far (@Constantin @Claus_za @NotGumby @XC70_OVERLANDER @El-Dracho ).

Please do not forget to order the tickets via the expo website and enter "Overland Bound" as the group name and then please send me the order number via personal message here in the forum so that I can merge the places and forward to Jörg for arrangement of the group place. Thank you.
Done and PM to you ✅

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
According to the list of attendees in the RP, we are then seven rigs, although Thore does not yet know exactly whether he will come. Is anyone else coming to this year´s OTTO expo?

We need minimum six rigs attending that we can again pre-register a group place. Many thanks to those who have already sent me the data to arrange it. @MazeVX and @Claus_za please do not forget to order the tickets via the expo website and enter "Overland Bound" as the group name and then please send me the order number via personal message so that I can merge the places and forward to Jörg for arrangement of the group place.

Thank you,
Bjoern

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hopefully I can make it. Otherwise I will book a ticket for a night. That you are six vehicle.
Wow, thanks for your offer, Thore! Let's wait for the time being that the remaining participants get in touch with the booking data. I will talk to the organizer next week anyway and it would be cool if I have everything complete by then, so I can then fix the group place right away.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Oh yes, thanks I totally forgot to book it. Will do that!
That´s perfect, Mathias. Thanks.

Then I would have five rigs in the list. So one is still missing for a pre-reserved group spot. I hope that Claus will get in touch soon.

Because I just had a telephone call with Joerg and he needs the data for the group places as soon as possible.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I see 7 attendees at the RP so who's missing?
Claus and Thore´s bookings are missing. @XC70_OVERLANDER does not know yet if he can attend. @Claus_za Are you coming to OTTO and have you booked yet?

There are not quite five weeks left until the event and it would be really nice if we could get at least six bookings together so that we can reserve a group place in advance.

XC70_OVERLANDER

Local Expert Northern Germany

Navigator II

Hamburg, Germany
First Name
Thore
Last Name
Fahrenbach
Member #

Service Branch
Higher Education
I will not make it but my offer to a sixth ticket for the bound area is still on the table.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I will not make it but my offer to a sixth ticket for the bound area is still on the table.
Too bad Thore, would have been cool to see you there. But thanks for the offer, that's great.... I hope that Claus gets in touch. Otherwise I'll let you know because next week I would have to tell Jörg the bookings for the group place so that he can plan.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
I sent the data for the OB group place to the organizer of the expo today. Really looking forward to meeting some members there. It will definitely be another great event.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Only about two more weeks and the OTTO 2023 starts. Some of us will arrive already on Thursday, maybe even on Wednesday. As of today, the very rich program has also been published with the online expo booklet. Joerg, the organizer, has put a lot of effort into the fifth OTTO - a small anniversary. We have of course the expo dealer area, the camp and numerous workshops and lectures, e.g. on light, furniture construction, travel, picture lectures and much more. A great program for children is also there. More info in the online booklet of the OTTO expo.

Of course we have our OB group place again. By the way, if there are still late deciders, please be quick, because pre-sale of the camp tickets at discounted prices ends on 30th Sep 2023 plus the group places must also be set up and marked. If someone still books please sent me an info with the order number, name and license plate, that I can match this to our group place and inform the organizer, maybe it´s still in time.

I am looking forward to this family oriented gathering of travel and adventure enthusiasts and even more to meeting some of you there.
Bjoern

Last edited:

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I'm going to bring my Atago and proper coals for it, maybe, if needed, I can bring the tripod if someone has a bigger firepit. I'm also going to bring my diesel heater, we'll see...
First weather forecast said it's going to be cold at night!

Reactions: El-Dracho