Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I have traded in my old 2007 Colorado for a new 2019 Colorado and stumbled into Overlanding. So now thanks to a massive amount of time reading these forums, staring at maps and pictures I have decided the route i am going with my ZR2 build.

Here she is when I picked her up from the Dealership

20191012_170012.jpg

Here is when I took it out to a Sheep Bridge in AZ, the first Overlanding-ish trip.
20200509_122847.jpg

Obligatory snow picture - It is winter after all!
20191129_094824.jpg

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I knew that I was going to go with a RTT and so I needed something to support it. I really liked the look of the CBI Offroad Bed Rack so I picked that up and after what felt like an eternity it arrived via FedEx and I quickly spent a fewe hours getting it installed and mounting various bits of kit I was slowly accumulating on it. 20200723_105340.jpg20200723_105327.jpg

Reactions: RoarinRow

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I have since added MaxTrax to the side of the rack and removed the HiLift as I want to get a roof rack and mount the HiLift up there.

Those with a keen eye might also spot the Overland Bound decal on the front fender!

The AEV Snorkel kit arrived in November and I was going to quickly get it installed, however the holidays with family intervened, then COVID struck us and everything went out the window for a bit. But alas with the holidays behind us I am now looking to get it installed next week as long as work does not change that....

Hopefully as we enter the new year the OT I have been working will help get that RTT I have been eying from ROAM Adventure. I know the wife is super excited about that one as now we can get out and explore beautiful AZ in style, and take the kids with us. I am already hard at work planning some cool day and overnight adventures so as to ease the family into the Overlanding lifestyle.

Reactions: dj_mccomas

Retired

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Discovery Bay, CA.
First Name
CJ
Last Name
H.
Member #

Congratulation. I have a 2018 with the diesel so I could tow the teardrop off roading. Crawled up a few steep dirt trails in Death Valley pulling the teardrop. Placed it in 4wd low, locked front and rear diffs and no troubles except the flat tire. Cut a side wall left rear on a rock. Still made it up no problem. Great daily driver too. Just enjoy driving it.Screenshot_20210107-152111_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210107-152141_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210107-152224_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210107-152246_Gallery.jpg

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Its been some time since I last updated. But I received the Prinsu Roof Rack and it ended up sitting in the garage for a few weeks till I could find the time to get it over to Summit 4x4 in Prescott to install for me. I will admit to not being competent or 100 percent confident in my abilities to drill into the roof of the truck!

It ended up taking almost 4 weeks to get installed! Mostly through a comedy of errors and because Fridays were the only days I could drop the truck off.

Week 1 - Dropped it off and got a call that the mechanic left sick and they were hoping to shift another guy over to get it installed but were unable..... bummer.... but no worries

Week 2 - Dropped it of and got a call an hour later, Prinsu sent the wrong crossbars..... So Prinsu after looking at my order shipped the correct ones, supposedly to Summit 4x4

Week 3 - UPS guy shows up at my house at 2230 at night and delivers a Prinsu box with my crossbars

Week 4 - Finally get it installed!

20210306_135452.jpg20210306_135512.jpg

Reactions: RVA Overland

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Thanks to Slow Joe and my Children s Grandchildren that stimulus money arrived and I ordered a ROAM Adventure RTT. I was blown away by the speed of shipping, I ordered on Tuesday and it was delivered Friday! It was a quick 2 beer job to get the hardware installed and mounted up on the rack with the help of a buddy from work.

Wife is already begging me to allow us to "camp" out in the driveway tonight, which is great news because she has never been the fearless lets go camp type. But I think this RTT might have just won her over.

20210319_123302.jpg20210319_123111.jpg20210319_142702.jpg

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I have traded in my old 2007 Colorado for a new 2019 Colorado and stumbled into Overlanding. So now thanks to a massive amount of time reading these forums, staring at maps and pictures I have decided the route i am going with my ZR2 build.

Here she is when I picked her up from the Dealership

View attachment 181754

Here is when I took it out to a Sheep Bridge in AZ, the first Overlanding-ish trip.
View attachment 181755

Obligatory snow picture - It is winter after all!
View attachment 181756
Love the rig, do you have any plans for
Paint Protection?
I’m rocking an orange rig as well, I have all my mods sitting in the garage waiting to
Install them this spring.
You nailed it with ROAM, great customer service

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
To be honest I have not thought about any sort of paint protection. Given how easy it is to pick up Arizona Pinstripes when exploring the forest roads thats not a bad idea to look into!

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
I love the ZR2. Nice color. How has it been so far?
So far its been running great. I have had no issues with it. I had a Gen 1 Colorado that was a 4 cylinder so the upgrade the the V6 was nice and it seems very sporty to me. So far off road its been a solid performer.

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Its been a bit since I posted any sort of an update. But got a few more odds and ends for the truck and then took it for a long 2 week shakedown through Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Washington, Oregon and California. Kinda a whirlwind tour of those areas hitting a few hotspots and just getting out and exploring a bit. Learned a few things along the way for sure. Need to work a bit more on organizing and containing things, really looking hard at the decked system for that. But any way with out further yakking, here are some pictures!

Trying to pack during the monsoon season can be difficult!
20210716_191944[1].jpg

Camping near Utah Lake, don't recommend it. Apparently its pretty much a death algae lake of disrepair and pollution. The camp ground was not off on some BLM land (unfortunately) as we were trying to make time to get to Washington fast to visit with family.

20210717_200918.jpg

Stopped at a nice park in Idaho along the snake river for a picnic! Felt great to get off the highway and stretch a bit.

20210718_121208.jpg

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Finally! Washington State! Drove over Chinook Pass and was rewarded with amazing views and Mt Rainier
20210719_104653.jpg

Found a beautiful set of alpine lakes to explore in the Northern portion of the Cascades near the Canadian border, the forest road up was a little crazy in some spots, but the reward at the top was well worth it! I was amazed there was still snow even in July.

20210722_092122.jpg

20210722_092151.jpg

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
After visiting with family in Washington we drove down to Oregon and visited with my wife's sister for a bit and then explored the Oregon Coast Highway all the way down to California. It was a long day of driving but did not feel like it due to the amazing views we got to see around every single corner!

20210725_124417.jpg

In California made a pass through the Avenue of Giants.

20210726_074958.jpg

The "Car Forest" in Nevada

20210727_123117.jpg

seawolf156

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dewey-Humboldt, AZ, USA
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Fraser
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Around 3500 miles were travlled with an average MPG of 18.4, which surprised me with as much stuff we had loaded. Our best MPG was 21, the worst was around 14 when we made the very poor decision to drive to Oregon down the I5 and got caught in 3 hours of stop and go traffic from Seattle through Tacoma and Olympia...... never again...

• Sad
Reactions: Billiebob

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

After visiting with family in Washington we drove down to Oregon and visited with my wife's sister for a bit and then explored the Oregon Coast Highway all the way down to California. It was a long day of driving but did not feel like it due to the amazing views we got to see around every single corner!

View attachment 206945

In California made a pass through the Avenue of Giants.

View attachment 206946

The "Car Forest" in Nevada

View attachment 206947
The the build, did you add any paint protection like a clear bra?