Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
Does anyone have info on a general page for OC Overland Bound? Thinking is going out weekend of 5/10 to Barstow/Black Mountain range- check out cool stuff, nothing overly hard - old miners cabin/“Tonka Town”/Petroglyphs/“Military crash site etc. Thanks in advance View attachment 96284
This is pretty much the page. You can also post in Overland Bound West in Facebook. The meetup has an Instagram account @oc_rigsncoffee and a Facebook page, mostly just to promote the OB meetup though.

You’re best bet is here and Facebook west group.

Also, before I forget. Some of are heading out to Calico after the meetup to do some trails and camp. If you’re up for it, welcome to join for some or all of it. Everyone is welcome. We’re rolling out at 11am from Laguna Hills, Steelhead Coffee.

96Runr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Yorba Linda, CA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Lenz
Member #

Thanks Frank for the invite... flukey calendar events on 1st Sat always get in way...
Just wanted to throw it out there just in case anyone is interested...

WTFSoCal

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Lake Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1BU
Start
This is pretty much the page. You can also post in Overland Bound West in Facebook. The meetup has an Instagram account @oc_rigsncoffee and a Facebook page, mostly just to promote the OB meetup though.

You’re best bet is here and Facebook west group.

Also, before I forget. Some of are heading out to Calico after the meetup to do some trails and camp. If you’re up for it, welcome to join for some or all of it. Everyone is welcome. We’re rolling out at 11am from Laguna Hills, Steelhead Coffee.
s @ 8 right? might be 30 min late, first timer, great impression right???

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
105. That's awesome. Looking forward to my first time next month hopefully. New location right?
Always the same location. Steelhead Coffee in Laguna Hills on the first Saturday of the Month.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
First timer to the meeting in my bone stock 4Runner. Amazing turnout! Got some great ideas and am really looking forward to expanding from my usual "car camping"
That's awesome! Love hearing that.

Suspension Tuna

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Ana, Ca.
Member #

I'm local here in Santa Ana. Been off-roading forever, but only joined OB last year after going on a Mojave Road run with a great group that included many OB members. In the process of selling one rig and building another that is better suited to how I roll these days -- or don't, if I'm doing it properly. Looking forward to the next rigs & coffee, and I'm game for any trips between here and Colorado that fit into my schedule!

Reactions: T-88 and FrankRoams

WTFSoCal

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Lake Mission Viejo, Mission Viejo, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1BU
Is there going to be a meet up this next weekend (the 1st of June)? Would be great to see every one again, the last one was huge! if there is and any one is interested, im selling 5 35x12.5x17r toyo Opencountry R/T tires with only about the 7k miles on them...(90% on road) Just ordered some 37" Patagonia's... soif anyone there is interested just hit me up at the event! $1000 takes all 5.
hope to see ya all there.

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I'm local here in Santa Ana. Been off-roading forever, but only joined OB last year after going on a Mojave Road run with a great group that included many OB members. In the process of selling one rig and building another that is better suited to how I roll these days -- or don't, if I'm doing it properly. Looking forward to the next rigs & coffee, and I'm game for any trips between here and Colorado that fit into my schedule!
Awesome, welcome to OB!
Looking forward to meeting you next week. [emoji106]

Reactions: T-88

mk-Zero

Rank 0

Contributor II

Orange County, CA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
C
I may try to make it out in July 6th for my first time. Where is it... Steelhead Coffee or something...? I'm sure its burried in here somewhere. Can someone please update the first post of this thread with the current meeting location to make it easier for newbs? Thanks! :sunglasses:

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
I may try to make it out in July 6th for my first time. Where is it... Steelhead Coffee or something...? I'm sure its burried in here somewhere. Can someone please update the first post of this thread with the current meeting location to make it easier for newbs? Thanks! :sunglasses:
You got it, Steelhead Coffee in Laguna Hills. I’ll update the first post when I get home from my trip. Thanks for reminding me. [emoji106]

Reactions: T-88 and mk-Zero