Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
A closed tour for invites only.
Hello Robert,

It's great that you are organizing such a tour again. The area is really exciting and also the last year that tour was great. Thanks for setting up the new RP.

Some members are just wondering what "A closed tour for invites only" means. Could you explain that, please? I would understand limiting participants because of limited space at campgrounds or whatever. And you can limit that by editing the RP. But a "closed tour for invited guests only" sounds very strange and has confused some members because they thought that everyone is welcome here at the RPs.

Maybe just a misunderstanding, which you can clear up.

Thanks,
Bjoern

Reactions: NotGumby

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

It isnt a misunderstanding, the tour is with at least two other OB members, but I like to make sure that the group is equal in some ways.
And I put it here as it is needed to make clear things are happening.
Two teams are coming from the UK and we like to have two teams from Germany as well.
So I invited people in person for this. Rig choices, people choices, language and interests.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Overland Rally Point allows Members to create events with details specific to OVERLANDERS, whether it is a “Rigs and Coffee” get together, overland trip, or a reoccurring local, or training event. You simply fill in the event details and Rally Point will create a summary “announcement” page for you to share. It will also create a forum announcement to get the conversation started if you choose.
  • Create single or recurring events
  • Add feature image
  • Add Description
  • Select what rig equipment recommended
  • Define terrain type
  • Add Start and End locations within 3 meter accuracy
  • Upload GPX, KML, and PDF files
  • Social Announcement sharing
  • Automatically generate and send invites based on event location
  • Set RSVP and rig limits
  • Make Public or Private
  • Creates a forum thread in the “Meetups” section.