Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

What on board air systems have been useful and what ones are not worth the time. I want to add a set up so i can air up and down when needed and run some air tools on the trail. Im interested in your experiences.

Reactions: Rubiconcruiser

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

What on board air systems have been useful and what ones are not worth the time. I want to add a set up so i can air up and down when needed and run some air tools on the trail. Im interested in your experiences.
If you are into personal builds like a lot of us junkyard is your source vehicle is your Volvo they have one of the best compressors for OB air it’s reliable pulleys and belts bolt up and it will produce enough air to break a seriously rusted wheel lug

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I wrote this article about CO2 vs. Air Compressors.
@Rubyredfozzy that is a great article and some really good discussion about the alternatives. My comments in that post were that I use both, but I'm Mr. Redundant guy. My go-to is the Puma compressor with a 1.5 gal tank. It would run air tools, but I don't. I have to wait too long to keep up the necessary pressure. I have often loaned the CO2 tank and a hose to friends that brought along a cheap 12volt compressor from Walmart that gave up after one and a half tires.

If you want to use a power impact gun for instance, maybe a better choice is a decent battery powered, or even a 12Volt corded powered impact gun. I use a Milwaukee 18V and it does the job for the very few times that I've had to use it.

Dan.

Reactions: Rubyredfozzy