Old Vehicles.

• HTML tutorial

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

LOL - hopefully. I bought it in June of 2004 for a decent price. After that didn't pay much attention at what they were selling for. There are very, very few in my part of the country, mine is the only one of it's kind - early SIIa 88 SW deluxe - in the State that runs and is tagged, per the DMV's records. Only other one in my area that's similar to mine is a static display at a zoo. It's the same make and model, but not the deluxe version. All the others near me - maybe 5 of them - are newer, either late SIIa or SIII, and half don't run. When I had the body panels painted last year the paint shop owner and I got to talking about them and how much they are costing now. I was rather surprised when I got online and checked it out. Those that are the same make, model and style mine is, and in the same general condition mine was in when purchased, are now going for 3 times the amount I paid +/- $2K.

The paint shop owner said that before I drive it I need to have it appraised by a vintage auto appraiser and then insure it appropriately. Since the guy owns a shop that restores old vehicles I asked him what he thought it could appraise for - what he told me blew me away!!

And to think...it all started with needing to repair some wiring issues and replace the clutch!!!

Contributor I

Franklin, NH, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hartzell
LOL - hopefully. I bought it in June of 2004 for a decent price. After that didn't pay much attention at what they were selling for. There are very, very few in my part of the country, mine is the only one of it's kind - early SIIa 88 SW deluxe - in the State that runs and is tagged, per the DMV's records. Only other one in my area that's similar to mine is a static display at a zoo. It's the same make and model, but not the deluxe version. All the others near me - maybe 5 of them - are newer, either late SIIa or SIII, and half don't run. When I had the body panels painted last year the paint shop owner and I got to talking about them and how much they are costing now. I was rather surprised when I got online and checked it out. Those that are the same make, model and style mine is, and in the same general condition mine was in when purchased, are now going for 3 times the amount I paid +/- $2K.

The paint shop owner said that before I drive it I need to have it appraised by a vintage auto appraiser and then insure it appropriately. Since the guy owns a shop that restores old vehicles I asked him what he thought it could appraise for - what he told me blew me away!!

And to think...it all started with needing to repair some wiring issues and replace the clutch!!!
There's a shop here in NH called resurrected rovers. It usually has a few for sale. No motor or tranny, rusted bad. $5k+

Reactions: Correus

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

well I swear my next vehicle will have a carburetor

I hate all the new "technology". I hate how long it takes to fix anything too.
Anything 1969 or older will never need to pass an emissions test.

so many freaking nanny systems for the sissies driving cars today

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

A lifetime ago (2014) I had this 1963 C10 pickup. I did a 9 day roadtrip through California.. hauling a 2005 Stella 2-stroke scooter and my bicycle.
One camp night on that trip I was chased out of the bed of the truck by corgi sized raccoons (El Capitan State Beach).

I miss it. It had a 350 / 350 with 373s in the rear. Even though it was lowered, I still bombed dirt roads.

1963 C10 3.jpg1963 C10 2.jpg1963 C10 1.jpg

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Well, I am just getting this thing going, and yes the wheels are going away in favor of stock ones, it will be an Adventure rig. For me it is the best of both worlds. It is Fuel injected, but nothing else. It is a 1990 and they had throttle body injection, so the mileage won't be too bad, but it has no other "Nanny" systems and is super easy to work on. It is my 6th Square body Chevy/GMC. I also have a 1965 just like the one pictured above.