Dutch
Last Name
Roell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QWN
Service Branch
USMC
Let me start by saying I will never again start a resto mod project. This one has been 3 years this month in the making and I’d be ashamed to say how much invested. That being said, this 1966 IH Travelall has been set atop a length adjusted Ram 2500 Cummins 12v diesel chassis and running gear. Summit suspension, custom bumpers and roof rack, LEDs everywhere, Warn 12k up front, Icom 7100 HAM radio, 1500w inverter, onboard compressor, seats sourced from a late model Tahoe, dual deep cycle batts with solar input, lots of other goodies and the paint selected out of the Land Rover color pallet. Will eventually replace the Amp Research running boards with sliders (or at least have some on hand). RTT is a Tepui Autana for now. Interior going in this week. Hope to see y’all at OEW. IMG_6811.JPGIMG_6809.JPGIMG_6546.JPGIMG_6911.JPG

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I hear ya...doing this is a labor of love. Is it full on resto with some modern upgrades? It looks great.

Mine is a cross between a resto and a mechanical refurbishment, it should be drivable in a couple months, but won't be finished till mid year if all goes well.

Mine has taken several years. I'm not a mechanic, I was one of those that did good to put gas in and change oil. I'm learning as I go. So far I've only gone to a pro for sandblasting and painting - I tried to paint it but learned my limit. Only other thing I've had done professionally is having the dizzy refurbished.

I'll probably never ever do it again.

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Being in the middle of a resto mod project of my own (1979 Corvette) I know what you mean. But the work and money all pays off in the long run, that thing looks amazing.

demulsion

Rank 0

Traveler I

PNW
Incredible truck! I’ve been there myself, and looking back the time and money invested was totally worth it. No one else will have a rig like yours, and it is built for exactly how you will use it. Keep up the great work!

Reactions: NorCalDutch

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Let me start by saying I will never again start a resto mod project. This one has been 3 years this month in the making and I’d be ashamed to say how much invested. That being said, this 1966 IH Travelall has been set atop a length adjusted Ram 2500 Cummins 12v diesel chassis and running gear. Summit suspension, custom bumpers and roof rack, LEDs everywhere, Warn 12k up front, Icom 7100 HAM radio, 1500w inverter, onboard compressor, seats sourced from a late model Tahoe, dual deep cycle batts with solar input, lots of other goodies and the paint selected out of the Land Rover color pallet. Will eventually replace the Amp Research running boards with sliders (or at least have some on hand). RTT is a Tepui Autana for now. Interior going in this week. Hope to see y’all at OEW. View attachment 85297View attachment 85298View attachment 85299View attachment 85300
Great looking rig! I love the Internationals.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

Being in the middle of a resto mod project of my own (1979 Corvette) I know what you mean. But the work and money all pays off in the long run, that thing looks amazing.
Not a thread hijack - just a one off comment Dillon Wilke might appreciate.

@DW - the restoration shop that painted the body panels and such for my rig were working on a concourse restoration of a '62 Corvette C1 that was to be shipped east for some sort of specialty charity auction. Right next to it was a '62 Daimler Dart (SP250 here in the US) with a 2.5 liter Hemi V8. The original engine was on loan to an an automotive museum until needed.

Reactions: Dilldog