Old School New | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Old School New

Discussion in 'Overland Vehicle Build Threads' started by NorCalDutch, Feb 10, 2019 at 9:44 PM.

1. Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. NorCalDutch

NorCalDutch Rank 0

Member #:

Map
    Let me start by saying I will never again start a resto mod project. This one has been 3 years this month in the making and I’d be ashamed to say how much invested. That being said, this 1966 IH Travelall has been set atop a length adjusted Ram 2500 Cummins 12v diesel chassis and running gear. Summit suspension, custom bumpers and roof rack, LEDs everywhere, Warn 12k up front, Icom 7100 HAM radio, 1500w inverter, onboard compressor, seats sourced from a late model Tahoe, dual deep cycle batts with solar input, lots of other goodies and the paint selected out of the Land Rover color pallet. Will eventually replace the Amp Research running boards with sliders (or at least have some on hand). RTT is a Tepui Autana for now. Interior going in this week. Hope to see y’all at OEW. IMG_6811.JPG IMG_6809.JPG IMG_6546.JPG IMG_6911.JPG

2. Correus

Correus Rank III

Member #:

Map
    I hear ya...doing this is a labor of love. Is it full on resto with some modern upgrades? It looks great.

Mine is a cross between a resto and a mechanical refurbishment, it should be drivable in a couple months, but won't be finished till mid year if all goes well.

Mine has taken several years. I'm not a mechanic, I was one of those that did good to put gas in and change oil. I'm learning as I go. So far I've only gone to a pro for sandblasting and painting - I tried to paint it but learned my limit. Only other thing I've had done professionally is having the dizzy refurbished.

I'll probably never ever do it again.

NorCalDutch and Daryl 32 like this.
  3. Dillon Wilke

Dillon Wilke Rank II

Map
    Being in the middle of a resto mod project of my own (1979 Corvette) I know what you mean. But the work and money all pays off in the long run, that thing looks amazing.

NorCalDutch likes this.
  4. Jku Ben

Jku Ben Rank III

Member #:

Map
    Beautiful looking build !!!

NorCalDutch likes this.
  5. demulsion

demulsion Rank 0

Map
    Incredible truck! I’ve been there myself, and looking back the time and money invested was totally worth it. No one else will have a rig like yours, and it is built for exactly how you will use it. Keep up the great work!

NorCalDutch likes this.
  6. Daryl 32

Daryl 32 Rank IV

Member #:

Map
  7. Gabriel Bozeman

Great looking rig! I love the Internationals.