Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I drove Old House Gap Rd back in July 2019, when my Silverado was still bone stock for the most part...and immediately regretted it. The road was pretty rutted it out in sections, along with my inexperience...it was an adventure for sure, but I made it through without a scratch on the Silverado.

For this trip, we ran Old House Gap Rd from South to North, and I was definitely nervous but knew I'd be ok with such an experienced group of drivers with my new buddy Tyler and also Tyler from @Queen City Overland . We had a great run up the trail through some tight trails, tight turns along drop offs and deep ruts.
OHG 1.jpgOHG 2.jpgOHG 3.jpgOHG 4.jpgOHG 5.jpgOHG 6.jpg

Had some good flexing moments with the Silverado during the trip as well.
Silverado Flex 1.jpgSilverado Flex 2.jpg

We found an amazing campsite right along a roaring river to provide some white noise throughout the evening. It wasn't the most level site, so it took some rocks to get as level as we could.
OHG Camp 1.jpgOHG Camp 2.jpgOHG Camp 3.jpgOHG Camp 4.jpgOHG Camp Dog.jpg

Thanks again to @Queen City Overland for the invite and a great trip.

Queen City Overland installed my Decked Drawer System and SPOD & Ditch Lights and brackets. Anyone in Charlotte or the Carolina's should check out their website at www.queencityoverland.com and reach out if they need help with anything on their rig.