Houston, TX
First Name
Matt
Last Name
McLendon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5XRN
My wife and I will be leaving from Houston, TX sunday the 13th in the morning. Will be making a few stops in TX before doing the first 3 sections of lifestyle overlands enchanted rockies gpx routes(covering 2-3 nights). from there we will be finding at least one more random spot to stay between santa fe and flagstaff that hasnt been decided yet. Anyone coming this same way is welcome to join up/touch base.

Will be monitoring UHF/VHF national calling/wilderness protocol freqencies while driving. K5XRN.

Shaggy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

US
Member #

This will be our first time as well, but I've watched exactly 5 billion hours of YouTube videos so I'm feeling pro-ish! We'll be staying at the Flagstaff KOA Wednesday & attending the Beer & Gear. We should be in line bright and early on Thursday. Whatever we can do to help!

Reactions: Stoggie95

JustinSenior

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tracy, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2/16/2019
This will be our first time as well, but I've watched exactly 5 billion hours of YouTube videos so I'm feeling pro-ish! We'll be staying at the Flagstaff KOA Wednesday & attending the Beer & Gear. We should be in line bright and early on Thursday. Whatever we can do to help!
Hahahaha I feel kind of pro ish as well from all the YouTube

Reactions: Shaggy

bnglmnF250

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Engelman
Member #

Hi everyone, new member here based in San Jose, CA. Planning on leaving early Wednesday morning so would love to meet up with y’all there and along the way. Brother in law is flying into Phoenix so I’m rolling solo.

Finally bought my truck a week ago so looking forward to putting some miles on it! I’ll watch the discussions closely to find everyone, no HAM or CB yet.

-Ben

Nomadic Michael

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ouray, CO
Member #

This will be my fifth year attending, such an amazing event. I’ll be coming out of SW Colorado Tuesday. There are a number of places to camp in the forest right behind the event for any of you that arrive before they open the gates.

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

Hey all,

This is our first Expo West OLB planning thread! We'll be there and look forward to connecting with folks!

There will be an official Rally point for the caravan there once we finalize our plans (there are also some new features in Rally Point coming up that I want to use - waypoints!).

NEEDED: Is there anyone who can show up early and establish a general OLB camp area? It's not going to be perfect. OEW does not reserve camping spots, but we are able to designate an area once we are there. We want to be inviting to all while letting them know OLB will be in this general area. We can work with you to get flags and other material to hang to indicate we will be there, but we CANNOT (and don't want to) tell people they are not welcome or not able to be in the area. Hence, not perfect. The best way to get together to camp, for those that would like to, is to show up as early as possible.

We will be leaving at O-dark thirty from the Dublin, CA area, and would love to caravan along with folks.

M
We will be in the line by 1:00 pm today (Thursday). Once in the camping area we will look for others, or establish an area. We will be flying the OB flag. Look for my silver JKU.IMG-20180517-WA0006.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

ndamico

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Sacramento, CA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
D'Amico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6TBF
Is anyone camping nearby tonight? We got out of town late and won't make it in by the 7 p.m. deadline to set up tonight. Just looking for a quick Camp spot. We probably won't roll in until 11 or 12.

Thanks
Nick
KK6TBF

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

Hope to see you guys there! Saturday I will have the kids in their bright orange off the grid 2017 shirts representing OLB! We get in late tonight, but will also be after the deadline to come in.