Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Brewer
Member #

I live in central Oklahoma and have been trying to plan a good starter trip. This would be my first overland trip and I am really wanting to keep it to 3-4 days.
I wanted to know if anyone knows a good route in Oklahoma or should I venture into Texas Panhandle or even Colorado for the first trip.

It should be noted that I drive a stock 4runner at the moment and I am looking for a pretty easy trail. Hoping to get off pavement. This trip would be used to help me learn about what my needs are on the road and how to better prepare for the next trip.

Just wanted to see if you all had some advise for me.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Hit up the OK thread in the regional section we'll point you in plenty of directions. If you're not wanting to venture too far from home the Oklahoma Adventure Trail is a decent place to start. It's mostly dirt/gravel farm roads. Ozarks in Arkansas is good as well. I don't know much about going towards TX. Lots of folks head to CO but you're looking at trail closures unless you wait until late spring.

Weston

Rank 0

Traveler I

East tx
Plenty of area to ride and camp around broken bow lake. Not exactly overlanding as in point a to point b but there is a lot of country in that national forest. Trails are easy and it’s beautiful.

Reactions: Clayton25