Okbirdman0331

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Bird
Ryanorr 280. I'm past the full send days. I measured before I bought it and it fits a real queen size mattress. Told my wife that she would never have to sleep in a tent on a blow up mattress again and she said buy it. Win Win.

Reactions: ryanorr280

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Ryanorr 280. I'm past the full send days. I measured before I bought it and it fits a real queen size mattress. Told my wife that she would never have to sleep in a tent on a blow up mattress again and she said buy it. Win Win.
I hear ya on that. We had a mattress made to fit the 4Runner. No more tent is great. Especially in bad weather.

Walter

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Katie Okla.
Member #

I am new to over landing. My real passion is hiking, and I had so many places I wanted to go that I needed a vehicle to get to so I bought a 1986 3/4 ton GMC Suburban and have been loving every minute of it. I would like to find some group trips in South Central Oklahoma.
I'm SW of Pauls Valley. I'm up for anything in this area. Been trying to get a trip up to the Sandy Sanders WMA in SW OK but haven't been able to get my ducks in a row for it. Where are you located?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I would like to see our area more active here and I would be more than willing to step up if there is not anyone doing so already.
You need to update your profile if you are not in California any longer. OK is a great state with great people. Work with your area rep to organize things in your district. I'm sure your willingness to get involved will be most welcome.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

I would like to see our area more active here and I would be more than willing to step up if there is not anyone doing so already.
Welcome to OK. Feel free to put something together, anyone is welcome to do so. A reoccurring monthly meet up would be nice.

Reactions: Walter

slightNine

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Yukon, OK, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hutton
Member #

Howdy, locals!

Some of you may know me from the Rebuilding of Stomper jeep story. Over the last few years we moved away from rock crawling to overlanding.
We spent 1.5 years car camping mostly at state parks followed by another 1.5 with an overlanding trailer towed by our Ranger, hitting dispersed camping sites all over the U.S..

A couple of early trips showed us we needed more space in our rig than my jeep had.

Fast forward to today...

I'm building up a rig out of a 2019 Ranger FX4 . I'll create a build thread soon!

Looking forward to meeting up and possibly planning some trips very soon!

MrTheKiller

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Norman, OK, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Howdy, locals!

Some of you may know me from the Rebuilding of Stomper jeep story. Over the last few years we moved away from rock crawling to overlanding.
We spent 1.5 years car camping mostly at state parks followed by another 1.5 with an overlanding trailer towed by our Ranger, hitting dispersed camping sites all over the U.S..

A couple of early trips showed us we needed more space in our rig than my jeep had.

Fast forward to today...

I'm building up a rig out of a 2019 Ranger FX4 . I'll create a build thread soon!

Looking forward to meeting up and possibly planning some trips very soon!

Yo Yo Yo! Mr the Killer in the House!

Reactions: slightNine

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hey guys if you haven’t heard Michael (OB17705) with All Over Overland/Overland Radio podcast podcast is hosting a Rigs and Coffee Saturday in Edmond.

Last edited:

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Hey Everyone not been on much but finally graduated from college so hope to be more present now. Rendezvous at the Bonfire is April 25 in Arkansas at Byrds Adventure Center put on by Natural State Overland. It's a great event and lots of Okies attend since its so close. Something to keep in mind.