Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

• HTML tutorial

4.0LitersToFreedom

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, Ok
Member #

Dang. If I remember correctly @4.0LitersToFreedom isn't going to be able to make the Ozarks trip.
This just in. I can in fact make it to Rendezvous in the Ozarks! Bad news is that I won't be getting there until Saturday morning. I'll miss the organized trail runs but hopefully I can hit some of the trails around Byrds, then maybe go into the national forest a little bit on Sunday.

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Also some bad news guys Cross Bar Ranch will be closed that particular weekend due to hunting season, but will be open on the following weekend. I will probably be unable to switch to another weekend so I may go to another place around there to camp.

4.0LitersToFreedom

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, Ok
Member #

@4.0LitersToFreedom that's good to hear we will and try to save you a spot near us. I am teaching first aid classes Friday and Saturday. @OkieOverlander so far I have no plans in December so just post up the dates. Had a rough year in this household with family drama. So would be nice to get away.
Last I heard, there are 250 rigs signed up for the event so I'd definitely appreciate you saving me a spot. Hopefully there's enough room for everyone to camp! I'm looking forward to your first aid class, thanks for offering to teach.

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
@4.0LitersToFreedom that's good to hear we will and try to save you a spot near us. I am teaching first aid classes Friday and Saturday. @OkieOverlander so far I have no plans in December so just post up the dates. Had a rough year in this household with family drama. So would be nice to get away.
I'll be teaching Tread Lightly and trail safety classes, also. Should be good times!

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

For those who may or may not know our great state is trying to expand our public access by giving incentives to private land owners. This would allow fishing, hunting and "parking areas" on private land in remote locations. Here's the info www.wildlifedepartment.com/olap the more landowners we can get on board the more options we will have to do what we love.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
@OkieOverlander Thats some great news, I hope it happens. You still going to be in the OKC area this week? Im headed to Dallas tomorrow to pick up my lift kit for the 4Runner. Welcome to come out and help put it on LOL

Reactions: OkieOverlander

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

@OkieOverlander Thats some great news, I hope it happens. You still going to be in the OKC area this week? Im headed to Dallas tomorrow to pick up my lift kit for the 4Runner. Welcome to come out and help put it on LOL
I don't have much going on this weekend and may be able to throw in a helping hand if needed. Why you picking it up in Dallas?

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
I don't have much going on this weekend and may be able to throw in a helping hand if needed. Why you picking it up in Dallas?
Got a great deal on a New/Used lift Dobinsons 3inch Long Travel. Had it on his wifes 4Runner for a month and then took it off. Love lurking the classified ads how I found my Gobi rack so cheap and no waiting.

Reactions: GG07v8

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Yeah I’ll be around, when are you going to be putting it under the knife?

Last edited:

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Im hoping to Thursday or Friday since the rain hits Saturday and I cant do it in the garage then I wouldnt be able to get it out LOL