Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
ohh its a slick pistol. way better trigger then the first gen, not great, but still MUCH better. With the rebate I cashed in on I will be in the thing only $358 (+10$ transfer fee) for a 5 inch in FDE.

Reactions: OkieOverlander

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Been quiet here...Anyone see the size of the Mosquito since the rain .SHEEESH...I know everyone has to catch up on mowing right ? I know I need to rake and bail the yard now LOL

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
Been quiet here...Anyone see the size of the Mosquito since the rain .SHEEESH...I know everyone has to catch up on mowing right ? I know I need to rake and bail the yard now LOL
I went to play golf this morning and mosquitoes were EVERYWHERE with all the wet grass!

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
Tire Carrier Looking Good @OkieOverlander ....How was the game with all that distraction @W5ADH ?
It was my first time back out in 3 years. Had an injury and then last October had back surgery so it was different for sure, but managed to shoot even par on the back nine. The front nine was a different story though lol

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
Haha. Fortunately I only lost one ball this time.

Anyone taken any trips lately? I've been trying to get my FJ more trip ready and been trying to think of some places to take the family for a weekend getaway

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
Got a gun case to put recovery gear and tools in as well as some cross bars to throw more gear up top on. Also picked up a couple of Plano cases at academy to go with my pelicans20180911_193710_HDR.jpeg20180912_164754_HDR.jpeg20180911_201343_HDR.jpeg

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
So I thought I would share another story... My wife and I use to own an 05 chevy 1500 HD Z71 crew cab lifted on 35s. We named it Clifford the big red truck.

IMAG1016.jpg

Well a few years ago it was time for us to start looking to buy our first house and could use the money, so we sold Clifford because we owned him out right and we knew I would be commuting (64 mile per day) for work and poor Clifford maxed out at 11 mpg which was no bueno. We got Clifford sold and I began looking for a cheap beater rig. That's when I found this guy..
20160203_145112.jpg
20160203_145146.jpg

I didn't know ALOT about Toyota, other then I had heard of their unbeatable reliability and excellent offroad capabilities... I am pretty sure I had tunnel vision this day, because I would never have bought a vehicle with the issues this Toyota did any other time, I didn't even register that it had bad issues. What I do recall was AC, Heater, and all glass worked well, 4WD engaged correctly, and no signs of overheating or blown head gasket. What I don't recall is durring the test drive the rear end HOWLING, or the cracked radiator, or the bridged starter relay, or the exhaust was louder than an abrams tank, or that when it got to operating temps (didn't give it enough time) that it lost ALL power and the oil pump registered a 0. But it was a replacement 4x4 that I scored for 1300 bucks out the door. I learned quickly that I picked up the ONE Toyota that is commonly scorned as the worst toyota ever made. I picked up quickly about nuances, and common issues with this rig and found out I was in over my head. Yes I could have dumped a couple grand into it to fix some of its issues and have a pretty good SUV, HOWEVER I didnt have the money or time to pump into it at the time. And even if I did I would still have the 3.slow handgrenade engine that could fail spectacularly at a moments notice. I decided it was best to just get rid of it at a loss when I sold it a month later. I sold it in a lot with a shotgun and 100 rounds of 00 buck and 10 AR mags for $1100 (still kicking myself). Now I wish I had kept it and used it just as a trail toy at Eufaula instead of 4 wheelers as it would have been cheaper just to keep. I later found out that the guy that bought it blew the motor 2 weeks later on the highway when he chose to ignore the full list of disclosures I gave him about the toyota. I have been thinking of reaching out to him and buying it back for scrap and maybe finding someone to do a 3.4 swap on it... but at that cost I can find a beater 80 series, so NEH.

Reactions: Hirvy

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

So I thought I would share another story... My wife and I use to own an 05 chevy 1500 HD Z71 crew cab lifted on 35s. We named it Clifford the big red truck.

View attachment 68551

Well a few years ago it was time for us to start looking to buy our first house and could use the money, so we sold Clifford because we owned him out right and we knew I would be commuting (64 mile per day) for work and poor Clifford maxed out at 11 mpg which was no bueno. We got Clifford sold and I began looking for a cheap beater rig. That's when I found this guy..
View attachment 68552
View attachment 68553

I didn't know ALOT about Toyota, other then I had heard of their unbeatable reliability and excellent offroad capabilities... I am pretty sure I had tunnel vision this day, because I would never have bought a vehicle with the issues this Toyota did any other time, I didn't even register that it had bad issues. What I do recall was AC, Heater, and all glass worked well, 4WD engaged correctly, and no signs of overheating or blown head gasket. What I don't recall is durring the test drive the rear end HOWLING, or the cracked radiator, or the bridged starter relay, or the exhaust was louder than an abrams tank, or that when it got to operating temps (didn't give it enough time) that it lost ALL power and the oil pump registered a 0. But it was a replacement 4x4 that I scored for 1300 bucks out the door. I learned quickly that I picked up the ONE Toyota that is commonly scorned as the worst toyota ever made. I picked up quickly about nuances, and common issues with this rig and found out I was in over my head. Yes I could have dumped a couple grand into it to fix some of its issues and have a pretty good SUV, HOWEVER I didnt have the money or time to pump into it at the time. And even if I did I would still have the 3.slow handgrenade engine that could fail spectacularly at a moments notice. I decided it was best to just get rid of it at a loss when I sold it a month later. I sold it in a lot with a shotgun and 100 rounds of 00 buck and 10 AR mags for $1100 (still kicking myself). Now I wish I had kept it and used it just as a trail toy at Eufaula instead of 4 wheelers as it would have been cheaper just to keep. I later found out that the guy that bought it blew the motor 2 weeks later on the highway when he chose to ignore the full list of disclosures I gave him about the toyota. I have been thinking of reaching out to him and buying it back for scrap and maybe finding someone to do a 3.4 swap on it... but at that cost I can find a beater 80 series, so NEH.
That's rough man, I've been there as well. It took me several good and not so good vehicles to come to the outcome I have with the XJ I have now. (Which at the time had a blown head gasket and a complete gamble but for $300 it was worth the chance.)

Reactions: LOCO and Hirvy

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
That's rough man,
Ohh I do it to my self. I have a condition called FOMO. Its fear of missing out. If I don't take this deal now I wont find another one like it, and if I do I wont have the money then. So I have to buy this one here now or I just wont have one. Im just broken like that, I'm working on it, but still I still do it (its why I don't frequent pawn shops, used car lots, craigslist, or gun shops very often).

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

We've all been bit by the FOMO bug. It's what advertising and sales are built on. I got rid of a Pontiac G8GT for a 2011 BMW 535i xi. I'd do almost anything to have a do over on that decision. The BMW was the nicest car I've ever owned and it was a completely souless machine.

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
OK folks it is time for a shameless plug im sorry... This weekend If you and your families are enjoying the Coweta fall festivities and you get tired of the same ole fair food options that are overpriced and small on portions, then I encourage you to take the short(1 block) hike south of the fair and try the CRAFTeria coffee house and Bistro. They are having a great fair special for those who brave the short journey. You can go inside and dine in to enjoy a good meal from the standard menu, or walk up to the drive through (cars permitting) for a great grab and go special. The special is their locally famous grilled potato salad with grilled chicken in a convenient carry cup (Sorry its not on a stick) for $4 and a can of soda or water bottle for $1 tax included. My wonderful wife actually opened the doors about 2 months ago and we have received a lot of support from the community... We are not your standard "chicken fry" dinner (not that there is anything wrong with them) we are just trying to offer a healthier alternative with a lot of our foods being grilled or baked. Also we serve a small assortment of specialty coffees. We don't usually serve soda, we offer fruit infused water and teas instead. We look forward to seeing you there and thank you for your support! Also check us out on Facebook for daily specials and crafting studio info/classes.

BUT WAIT THEIR IS MORE! If you mention the "Overland Bound Special" this weekend, then when you buy 3 specials you get the 4th FREE!

GG07v8

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tulsa, OK
Member #

OK folks it is time for a shameless plug im sorry... This weekend If you and your families are enjoying the Coweta fall festivities and you get tired of the same ole fair food options that are overpriced and small on portions, then I encourage you to take the short(1 block) hike south of the fair and try the CRAFTeria coffee house and Bistro. They are having a great fair special for those who brave the short journey. You can go inside and dine in to enjoy a good meal from the standard menu, or walk up to the drive through (cars permitting) for a great grab and go special. The special is their locally famous grilled potato salad with grilled chicken in a convenient carry cup (Sorry its not on a stick) for $4 and a can of soda or water bottle for $1 tax included. My wonderful wife actually opened the doors about 2 months ago and we have received a lot of support from the community... We are not your standard "chicken fry" dinner (not that there is anything wrong with them) we are just trying to offer a healthier alternative with a lot of our foods being grilled or baked. Also we serve a small assortment of specialty coffees. We don't usually serve soda, we offer fruit infused water and teas instead. We look forward to seeing you there and thank you for your support! Also check us out on Facebook for daily specials and crafting studio info/classes.

BUT WAIT THEIR IS MORE! If you mention the "Overland Bound Special" this weekend, then when you buy 3 specials you get the 4th FREE!
I’ll have to remember this!

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
So im out greating people for the last couple days walking by the restaurant going to the fair. Got some new customers, handed out aloft of flyers been going well. This morning they have EVERY road to get go my business barricaded for a car show happening today on our street. Thinking fast I knew that Jimmy Long truck country in Coweta (plug) has a rat rod sitting on his lot, so 1 quick call and some talking about cross promotion got me a rat rod sitting in my drive getting car people down here. So now I'm selling people on my food and a rat rod. I have driven alot of shady vehicles in my life, but none have scared me quite as bad as this thing. BTW anyone looking for something like this. It's a fresh built 46 on a new chassis acid dipped and sealed with a 302 bored 30 over for 10K(soft). Tell them I sent you and I get a kick back.

Reactions: OKT4RCPL and Hirvy