Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
If you know any one looking I know a car lot in Coweta where there is a (beater) 96 XJ, but recent 4.5 lift (zone) decent Nexen AT 31s, steel bumpers front and rear and a 9k superwinch on the front for 3,000 it has 170ish on the odom. I spoted an old water pump under the rear seat and what looks like a fresh radiator installed. It has about a 3 inch spread of bad rust on the under body, but that's not bad for a beater. mostly straight, but rattle can painted flat black. ohh also has a light bar(works) and surco roof rack with spare tire. Its not pretty or perfect, but for all the bolt ons it could make a good hunting/ trail rig for someone.

Reactions: OkieOverlander

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
So when we got the wifes new Infiniti in march this is what the tires looked like.

20180829_164749.jpg 20180829_164758.jpg

Untill today... I finally unmaxed the credit card enough to get a great deal at Sam's for some K02s.

20180829_193559.jpg 20180829_193605.jpg

Wife hates how it rides now, she says it rides like a truck not a luxury suv... I told her she will get use to it lol. I said if she expects me to drive her hand me down when she's done with it then its wearing the tires I will use.

GG07v8

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tulsa, OK
Member #

So when we got the wifes new Infiniti in march this is what the tires looked like.

View attachment 66676 View attachment 66677

Untill today... I finally unmaxed the credit card enough to get a vreat deal at Sam's for some K02s.

View attachment 66678 View attachment 66679

Wife hates how it rides now, she says it rides like a truck now. I told her she will get use to it lol. I told her if she expects me to drive her hand me down when she's done with it then its wearing the tires I will use.
My wife hates the hum of my ridge grapplers. She says something every time she rides with me. [emoji23][emoji23]

W5ADH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Blanchard, OK
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Hailey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W5ADH
My wife hates the noise of my trail grapplers also. I tried to get her to get some KO2s for her explorer but she wasn't having it

Reactions: GG07v8

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Wife hates how it rides now, she says it rides like a truck not a luxury suv... I told her she will get use to it lol. I said if she expects me to drive her hand me down when she's done with it then its wearing the tires I will use.
Not to incite anything but I don't understand this logic. Unless you're planning on getting it from her with the KO2s still in good shape or making use of the AT portion of the tires some highway tires would've been better performing for her driving style. My wife has a 2012 Explorer with highway all seasons and they're great for her driving style but she drove a company explorer with KO2s and now she wants them on hers cuz they look cool but said the ride was much better with the highway all seasons. To me it's not a hill I feel like dying on, I say get her what she wants. Cost between the ko2 and all seasons would be irrelevant. But I bet that thing looks awesome with KO2s.

Reactions: Bouncer

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

I’ve had Cooper AT3’s on my work truck for a while and love them they ride great and take that 2wd truck places it shouldn’t go lol but on my Jeep I’m going with the AT KO2’s

Reactions: Red Earth Runner

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
Not to incite anything but I don't understand this logic. Unless you're planning on getting it from her with the KO2s still in good shape or making use of the AT portion of the tires some highway tires would've been better performing for her driving style. My wife has a 2012 Explorer with highway all seasons and they're great for her driving style but she drove a company explorer with KO2s and now she wants them on hers cuz they look cool but said the ride was much better with the highway all seasons. To me it's not a hill I feel like dying on, I say get her what she wants. Cost between the ko2 and all seasons would be irrelevant. But I bet that thing looks awesome with KO2s.
Your not inciting anything at all, a 40,000 mile rated nexen was a little over 700 for a full set. The KO2 I got installed with lifetime rotate, ballance, road hazard, blah blah blah all in under a grand. To me the choice was clear, and we do go on some trails in the QX56 from time to time. Maybe not frequently enough, but sometimes.

Reactions: Hirvy

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

@Bouncer Oh yeah vs a Nexen tire yeah I'd go with the KO2. Much better quality tire from a much better brand for not much more. Makes sense now. That's a hill worth dying on.

Reactions: Bouncer

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
How did y’all spend your long weekend?
Spent it at lake Eufaula. Wife and kids hit the sea doos with some friends, while I had made the choice to drink that day so I was sitting on the sidelines enjoying watching the fun as I drank more.
20180903_104437.jpg 20180903_104824.jpg 20180903_110100.jpg

When I dried out I hit the range and played with a new toy for myself.

20180904_182524.jpg