Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hey everyone! We were down at Robbers Cave last weekend (which was awesome). Did anyone attend the Owasso meetup? Should I schedule another?

Reactions: OkieOverlander

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Did you hit the trails?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
We did some of the easy stuff. I was in the brand new JLU, so I'm breaking it in slowly, haha. Most of the trails out there are pretty washed out right now and beyond the capabilities of a stock Jeep, but we did some of the WMA access roads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using OB Talk mobile app

OkieOverlander

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Noble, Oklahoma
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

We did some of the easy stuff. I was in the brand new JLU, so I'm breaking it in slowly, haha. Most of the trails out there are pretty washed out right now and beyond the capabilities of a stock Jeep, but we did some of the WMA access roads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using OB Talk mobile app
I hear ya. I went out a few months ago for the first time and explored around some of the trails your JLU will go pretty much anywhere out there. My at the time stock XJ went almost anywhere. IMG_0753.JPGIMG_0750.JPGIMG_0754.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: SwampcatJeep

Vandy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Okc

Pike

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Weatherford, Texas
Member #

Apologies for this being off-topic...but are any of you guys headed out to Expo this week? I'm in Texas...but headed out to Flagstaff from Tulsa on Wednesday afternoon. Hoping to find a few rigs to convoy out with. Plan to try and make Amarillo Wednesday night...then on to Flagstaff Thursday, ETA 4:00p PST (gotta love the time zone shift).

Thanks!

Matt

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Had a great time in Davis Oklahoma Cross Bar Ranch this weekend. We joined @4.0LitersToFreedom and @Hirvy at the park and had some trail fun. I learned allot about my 4runner and even did rocks. Cant wait to go back and major props to @4.0LitersToFreedom for being a trail lead and great spotter in some tight places. Hope I get a chance to go again with these 2 guys . Hopefully we can set up a camp weekend out there.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Had a lot of fun with @4.0LitersToFreedom and @OKT4RCPL. Thanks a bunch to @4.0LitersToFreedom for being a great guide on our exploration of crossbar ranch. Next time we're getting better pics and videos of his Jeep just making everything look easy while we're still learning our vehicles capabilities.IMG_20180512_104637025_HDR.jpgIMG_20180512_114838834_HDR.jpgIMG_20180512_114716069_HDR.jpg

Sent using OB Talk mobile app

4.0LitersToFreedom

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oklahoma City, Ok
Member #

I had a lot of fun. I am so glad we were able to get together and make this happen. I don't know why Cross Bar Ranch doesn't have a better reputation. I have been out there twice now and had a great time playing around in the rocky wooded hills. It's a great day trip for anyone in central or southern Oklahoma.

The primitive camping spots on the south side of the park are actually pretty cool, and would be a great venue for a campout meet up.

I will definitely be going back!

Had a lot of fun with @4.0LitersToFreedom and @OKT4RCPL. Thanks a bunch to @4.0LitersToFreedom for being a great guide on our exploration of crossbar ranch. Next time we're getting better pics and videos of his Jeep just making everything look easy while we're still learning our vehicles capabilities.View attachment 56580View attachment 56581View attachment 56582

Sent using OB Talk mobile app

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
@4.0LitersToFreedom is correct in the primitive campsite is perfect for a camp meetup. And the park was allot of fun. Looking back at the pics the worst I can say is trail marking could be better but I am excited and impressed how well all the vehicles did. Really like we had a diverse group one jeep one Toyota one Chevy pickup. Pretty well represented all brands. We all know the Toyota was the best there :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Hirvy

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Well, I'm sorry I missed out but you've given me a spot in OK to check out now. I didn't have that before. Sounds like we might need to have our next meet up there around a campfire. Its a good thing Sloan and his Jeep were there to get everyone through.

I'm headed to Palo Duro Canyone for a Jeep Jamboree this weekend. The Byrd's trip is 6/6-6/10 (anyone else doing this?). I am potentially going north in between and will swing by Redbird SRA in Indiana. If that trip doesn't work out, I may be looking for something else.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
The only thing it did better than Sloan and I was haul around the support crew and show off Crawl Control! :tonguewink:

@soonersfan is there any info somewhere for the Byrds trip? I think Sloan mentioned he was going.

Here is the info for Byrd’s. If you can’t make it the whole time, it’s ok to come late. It’s an awesome place with some great trails and hiking too.

Reactions: OKT4RCPL

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
@Hirvy I really need that sticker on my dash that says " Remember Stupid You have to Drive this HOME!" although wife did a good job saying that on some of those rocky trails :tongueclosed: and the dogs were hardly support crew more like ..Drool Crew. Crawl Control was fun to try out...weird having the truck do everything for ya. @soonersfan a campfire meet out there would be a great, plenty of room and @4.0LitersToFreedom mentioned the camp ground that has plenty of shade. And the bathrooms were clean. It was nice to find a place in Oklahoma to go. Ozarks are a great place to explore and enjoy .

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

@OKT4RCPL I need that sticker too. Next trip I think I'll bring one from my drool crew. They can have a drool off contest to see who drools more and who can pant the loudest.

Of course it's a Facebook event. :confused: Seems like everything I want to do anymore needs Facebook and I deleted my account almost 2 years ago. But Michael's info is in the email Sloan sent out so should be good there.

Edit: Also just realized that's my wedding anniversary weekend so as much as I want to go I probably won't be able to.

Last edited:

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
@OKT4RCPL I need that sticker too. Next trip I think I'll bring one from my drool crew. They can have a drool off contest to see who drools more and who can pant the loudest.

Of course it's a Facebook event. :confused: Seems like everything I want to do anymore needs Facebook and I deleted my account almost 2 years ago. But Michael's info is in the email Sloan sent out so should be good there.
I’m no fan of FB either. Finally had to break down and get an account in January because I was missing out on interesting events.

Wandering Fool

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

OKC
Member #

Wow, there are many more Oklahoma people then I expected. I'm in OKC downtown, currently building a 6x6 rig that can carry the motorcycle for more technical areas. Hope to see you all out on the trail or at a meetup sometime.