OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Ill live to see a New Year LOL...so its video games with the wife and doggies for us this New Year Celebration. It will be rough but I think Ill manage just fine.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
On another note did go through Davis Oklahoma and cant wait to try out the Cross Bar Ranch ORV park this year.

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
When and where would be a good place for a meet up? Maybe the Rudy's Country Store in Norman in January? Just throwing that out there...I'm open to suggestions.

I think Cross Bar Ranch would be a cool place to start. I need to take my Jeep on a little shakedown run sometime soon anyways.

I think there's some cool trail/camping options in the Kiamichi mountains in Winding Stair Nat'l Rec Area and Ouachita National Forest. There's also the Oklahoma segment of the Trans American Trail and the Oklahoma Adventure trail you mentioned. I don't know much about these, I'd like to learn more
Are you all ready to make this happen or what? Weekends are questionable for me now and only getting busier as we get into the Spring. My oldest daughter is on a traveling volleyball team and I have several trips planned. If there are other interests parties though, I'd like to help make this happen. I could do 1/27 or 2/10. That is all I've got open through February. I can do most weeknights but I know that's tricky for folks who might have a long drive.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
Any thoughts to meeting at a Camp Ground. We really dont have trails and places to pull over and Camp that I know of. If anyone knows of any please share. Im thinking like Robbers Cave State park or even Thunderbird Lake Camp ground. Maybe a group site camp have fun?

Reactions: Jimmy P

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Any thoughts to meeting at a Camp Ground. We really dont have trails and places to pull over and Camp that I know of. If anyone knows of any please share. Im thinking like Robbers Cave State park or even Thunderbird Lake Camp ground. Maybe a group site camp have fun?
I think that would a good thing to work on at an initial meeting. However, getting together for the first time should probably be as simple as possible. Rudy’s was not my idea but I think it’s a good one. There is generally a lot of room and not very crowded. Frankly, I think if 3-4 people got together, that could be considered a pretty successful first get together. From there we could work on putting together some outings.

Reactions: Jimmy P

soonersfan

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McIntosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5LTZ
Anyone have input to which Rudys? I44 OKC or Norman?
I prefer Norman but I didn’t even know there was one on i44. My schedule is pretty crazy through May but will definitely try to make if I’m available.