Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
only other question I had was what comms are you running?

out of curiosity, what campground is it? Just so I can do a little research.
Comms I have not figured out yet. I would like for it to be CB. I need to get a CB in my rig LOL. There is a guy in Sandsprings? that is an old CB hobbyist that says he will do a full install of an older CB that he has in his inventory with a firestick type antenna tuned etc for 60ish. I am planning on going to visit him before to long.

The campground use to be called Last resort camping. The new owners are renaming it, but I am not sure of what its new name is. Just a note if you google Last resort camping in Porum the cabins pictured are not longer on sight unfortunately.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Comms I have not figured out yet. I would like for it to be CB. I need to get a CB in my rig LOL. There is a guy in Sandsprings? that is an old CB hobbyist that says he will do a full install of an older CB that he has in his inventory with a firestick type antenna tuned etc for 60ish. I am planning on going to visit him before to long.

The campground use to be called Last resort camping. The new owners are renaming it, but I am not sure of what its new name is. Just a note if you google Last resort camping in Porum the cabins pictured are not longer on sight unfortunately.
cb is good with me, mine came in the mail yesterday.

thanks for the name. I’ll take a look and see how I want to play it.

Reactions: Oklamopar

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
@Bouncer are you planning a fri/sat night camp? Or a one night? Sorry so many questions, just trying to get a plan/info out there for myself and anyone else interested
No worries the more questions the better. My plan was to meet up in the AM of a Saturday then do the camping overnight and depart Sunday. If you want to come down Friday evening and camp that I am sure could be accommodated by the campground.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

No worries the more questions the better. My plan was to meet up in the AM of a Saturday then do the camping overnight and depart Sunday. If you want to come down Friday evening and camp that I am sure could be accommodated by the campground.
I like your plan of meet up sat morning. Makes it easier than getting out the door and there after work Friday.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

I'd be down for that sort of trip. One thing to consider is that Natural State Overland is doing their bonfire in April I think and a lot of folks head that direction.

Hirvy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jones OK
Member #

Thanks, I was trying to find it a couple days ago and couldn’t. But I don’t do FB, so that limits my research quite a bit sometimes.
Welcome. I had been trying to find it for sometime and had even asked a few NSO folks and they just said April lol. So either I, and possibly everyone else, was missing it on FB or it just got posted. Both are likely at least on my part anyway.

Reactions: ryanorr280

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Welcome. I had been trying to find it for sometime and had even asked a few NSO folks and they just said April lol. So either I, and possibly everyone else, was missing it on FB or it just got posted. Both are likely at least on my part anyway.
Yeah, I had been checking their website and searching around online with no luck. Wasn’t even there last night that I could find. Lol

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
OK folks a month after putting out the feeler I finally have a concrete date. We are looking at meeting on the morning of Saturday April 11th for the trail/ranch run cost of the run will be 20 dollars per vehicle. Those that want to camp overnight can do so at the campground previously mentioned for 15$ for primitive or car camping, let me know if you are wanting to use a camper and I will find out the price. The ranch owner has asked for a 10 vehicle limit for this first trial run and may open up to additional runs and or additional vehicles in the future depending on how this goes. Again any questions let me know and I will try to get a definitive answer fairly quickly as the date is rapidly approaching. Also I know everyone that has shown some intrest in the past, but now I need a solid confirmation of those that will attend, and how many vehicles (for those that bring family or friends) will be doing the run.

Many thanks, Roben

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

OK folks a month after putting out the feeler I finally have a concrete date. We are looking at meeting on the morning of Saturday April 11th for the trail/ranch run cost of the run will be 20 dollars per vehicle. Those that want to camp overnight can do so at the campground previously mentioned for 15$ for primitive or car camping, let me know if you are wanting to use a camper and I will find out the price. The ranch owner has asked for a 10 vehicle limit for this first trial run and may open up to additional runs and or additional vehicles in the future depending on how this goes. Again any questions let me know and I will try to get a definitive answer fairly quickly as the date is rapidly approaching. Also I know everyone that has shown some intrest in the past, but now I need a solid confirmation of those that will attend, and how many vehicles (for those that bring family or friends) will be doing the run.

Many thanks, Roben
Sadly, I can not make April the 11th. I am covering a shift for a coworker that day. Which really sucks, but it is what it is.

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

Many thanks, Roben
I think we can work with that.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Hello everyone new member here. Just starting to get into overlanding now that my kids are getting older. Looking at a few different vehicles to buy to go offroading with and camp in.
Welcome,

vehicle choice is a tough one. Do lots of research, and drive multiple before deciding is my recommendation. We love our 4Runner, but everyone’s wants/needs are different, so just make sure whatever you pick works for you.