• HTML tutorial

jason

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Owasso, Oklahoma
Member #

So this past weekend 13 rigs took a trip down the K Trail in southeast Oklahoma.  The First night we stayed at Clayton Lake at camp ground 1.  It was a wonderful night with a fire and possibly a drink or two.

The next day started as any day would with coffee and breakfast burritos.  We then packed up and headed to the trail.  We could not have asked for better weather.  Meeting up with the other that came the day of, we found our way enjoying the views the trail has to offer.

Stopping for lunch we ran into more folks that would end up joining us as well.

As we continued on the 86 mile trail we found our selves in a bad spot.  Someone called out on the CB we have a flat.  As we stopped we found out that out of the 13 rigs we had 19 flats.  Not sure if a malicious act was the cause but there was a long mud hole that seemed the be the culprit.  Glad we all had a patch kit and air on hand.  With 2 hours killed and the sun setting we punched through to the last of that leg of the trail for the night.  The general consensus of the group was to call our trip just abut 20 miles shy of completion and call it a night.

As dawn broke the birds were chirping, the wind was gently rolling and all our compressors were running as some of our repairs had leaked through the night.

Looking for a good meal and hopeful to find a tire repair open on Sunday we packed up and headed to Talahina Ok.  Luckily there was, Spike's Corner garage.  If you ever need a had in that neck of the woods look him up!

For those of us left we stopped for one more picture of the last standing so to speak and enjoyed the nice ride back to our homes.

Out side of the flats we had a great trip!  Just proves that good friends, great rigs, and the outdoors, any day out there is a great day!

swankrt

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Swank
Member #

That's awesome. I did Talahina dr on my R1 years ago that was an awesome ride. Looks like I need to hit this up.

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

Ive ran that trail a few times this year. Good fun! I'm hitting up the Ozarks next weekend with a few guys from dallas. Trails are alot longer, and more to explore too

Reactions: SonOfNeptune

jason

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Owasso, Oklahoma
Member #

Yes the Ozarks are a blast as well.  Beautiful part of the country for sure!

This was taken a few years back 

So ready to go back there.  Hope you had a good time Jason.

Reactions: Mad Garden Gnome

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

@Jason I didn't wind up making it out there. My buddies I was going with couldn't make it. I'm thinking of rescheduling it for sometime in September. I will need to scout out the trails for the overland Challenge series in November.

Thinking of late September if you're interested in joining me

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

Ive ran that trail a few times this year. Good fun! I'm hitting up the Ozarks next weekend with a few guys from dallas. Trails are alot longer, and more to explore too
Can you provide some details on the Ozarks trails? I am in the Springfield area and Im looking for my next adventure. Would like to go out here in 2 weeks to see the change of the seasons.

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

dont have too many myself. I do know there is a good amount of info over at overland guild.

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

Is the K Trail a hard core wheeling route or something that needs some skill and ground clearance?

Edit: found some other posts about it and looks like it wouldn't be good for a full sized van and if some of the stories are true I might want to bring my AR and some spare mags...:hushed:

Last edited:

TxTerra

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

prosper, tx
Member #

there are some challenging parts. On my second trip there, we went west from the 3 sticks monument towards clayton. We had a stock FJ cruiser make it without much issue