Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Road is that a factory made trailer or home built? I really like it....

Jim

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Got a laundry list of things I want to do to it; I know being 2WD I am partly limited but I wanted the payload capacity that a 4WD wouldn't have given me.
End goal is to put a pop-up truck camper in the rear of this thing (FWC Hawk or NorthStar 650SC)

AT tires
Rear recovery point (something to plug into the hitch)
Comms (CB, GMRS, Ham)
Air compressor & air down tools
- How low should I consider going for mostly gravel roads with very little rocks? Currently running 65 front / 80 rear - what it says on door jamb.
Extra battery?
Fog lights
Suspension enhancement?
Some sort of gear bags for moto
- Moto will give me the mobility I want once base camp is set wherever; if I am camping at one location for a few days or to hit some trails where truck can't go.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Road is that a factory made trailer or home built? I really like it....

Jim
Hey Jim -

I really like it, too. The trailer it self is an XVenture XV-2 from XVenture Trailers in Wisconsin. They make military trailers for govt's around the world and started making a few versions for the off-road market. I added my own RTT and awning, etc.

Extremely capable, all aluminum, most rugged and dependable trailer on the market as far as I'm concerned. I researched for 1.5 yrs and crawled all over and under every other kind of trailer out there before deciding this one fit my needs and desires best. Even had a couple used 1/4 ton military trailers too, I was starting to fix up. This just is so much more.

I love it.

============
off-topic:

I didn't know you'd replied with a question, as I wasn't quoted or @named so wasn't notified. Was just peeking in to see who else was responding. This is a good example, though, of what I was talking about in the Support thread that's not getting any attention, about User Content searches not updating since Jan 21-22.

No one gets any results newer than three weeks ago if they click their own, or anyone else's Postings, Your Content, Messages, etc. I use that to go back to my own recent posts to see if someone has asked a question, to go to other user's recent posts to find something, like one of the photographers, etc.

It's broken. Any new member within the last three weeks can't see a list of any of their own content, and no one else can see a list of their own content from the last three weeks.

Sorry to interject this into the thread here, but it's not getting any traction under Support.

============

Last edited:

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

A blast from the past - my full 2WD rig from 1975. I modified it heavily with 4" home made chassis lift, Chevy 327 muncie four speed and 4;10 posi rear end out of the 57 chevy.

Fun times.

Picture is per digital camera and what are cell phones?

Oh and the rear tires were fram CO-OP mud and snow tires.

truck.jpg

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

A blast from the past - my full 2WD rig from 1975. I modified it heavily with 4" home made chassis lift, Chevy 327 muncie four speed and 4;10 posi rear end out of the 57 chevy.

Fun times.

Picture is per digital camera and what are cell phones?

Oh and the rear tires were fram CO-OP mud and snow tires.

View attachment 141824
All us old guys wish we had more than Kodachrome.
I had many vehicles I never took a picture of because it was an expensive process to record an image.

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Here’s my 2WD on the Alpine Loop in Co.
With power too! What's the inside set-up? I like the fog (?) lights too; I need to look at something like that for mine; I have the big old chrome bumper that didn't come with fog lights.