Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ang
Last Name
CO
Member #

Oil and gas is looking to take 80,000 acres of public land near Moab to exploit. If you care, and agree with the preservation of land, and keeping what little untouched land this country has left free, add your voice to keep Moab undefiled by oil fields.

The petition takes 30 seconds to sign if you're interested.

Save Moab

thomas255

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Devereaux
Member #

You think that's bad, Hollywood is moving in as well. Petition signed. :smiley:

Acolle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ang
Last Name
CO
Member #

There are 8.2 MILLION acres of public land in Utah alone, so 80K is 0.001%.

Would you prefer an open pit lithium mine instead?
The State of Utah, long a hotbed of the federal lands transfer movement, is a mess. 80K matters... Especially as the current administration has already reduced Bears Ears and Grand Staircase [Escalante National Monuments]. Anyhow... Land transfers like this are bad news, bud—it’s always been easy for users of this land (US) to recognize this and say ‘no way.’ Attacks on how our public lands are managed are sneaky and lower profile, cloaked in confusing policy, yet every bit as dangerous. We need to do more here though...

The good news is that America’s public lands are still ours—they are a part of what makes our country unique and we still have a say. But our job is more difficult now. We need to remain fired up about keeping public lands in PUBLIC hands. AND hold lawmakers accountable for subtle attacks on public land management.

My apologies if you don't care.

I do.

thomas255

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Devereaux
Member #

There are 8.2 MILLION acres of public land in Utah alone, so 80K is 0.001%.

Would you prefer an open pit lithium mine instead?
TahoePPV,I can't make out your vehicle, I take it from your user name it's a Tahoe?

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Oil and gas is looking to take 80,000 acres of public land near Moab to exploit. If you care, and agree with the preservation of land, and keeping what little untouched land this country has left free, add your voice to keep Moab undefiled by oil fields.

The petition takes 30 seconds to sign if you're interested.

Save Moab
Done

Reactions: Acolle

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
The State of Utah, long a hotbed of the federal lands transfer movement, is a mess. 80K matters... Especially as the current administration has already reduced Bears Ears and Grand Staircase [Escalante National Monuments]. Anyhow... Land transfers like this are bad news, bud—it’s always been easy for users of this land (US) to recognize this and say ‘no way.’ Attacks on how our public lands are managed are sneaky and lower profile, cloaked in confusing policy, yet every bit as dangerous. We need to do more here though...

The good news is that America’s public lands are still ours—they are a part of what makes our country unique and we still have a say. But our job is more difficult now. We need to remain fired up about keeping public lands in PUBLIC hands. AND hold lawmakers accountable for subtle attacks on public land management.

My apologies if you don't care.

I do.
The administration is undoing damage by previous presidents. Too much wilderness, monument, and other designation is done as a backdoor way to limit public access to our own lands.

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

There is Mining & Drilling in Moab currently, You would know that if any of you have Been there - This is only more Mineral rights going up for Auction, They may or May not Ever Drill in the area But the Money will be dispersed among the communities to spend how they Like. Oil & Gas - Mining is all Needed & required for a Balanced Economy, The Only difference between a National Park or Monument and BLM or Forest Service is how the Land is used, All protect the land some Just Limit the uses of the Land, No MINING, No Cattle, No drilling, For now you Can drive across the Trails but eventually they will Limit that also...