TXJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
James
Last Name
C
Just picked this up for the same price as a harbor freight trailer. It lived its former life as one of those computerized highway signs. 4foot by 4 foot deck.

IMG_0461.jpg

Pretty stout. 1500 pound axle, sturdy construction, full metal deck and 15 inch wheels.

IMG_0463.jpg

Drove it 100 miles home and it pulled great, bearing caps were cool when I pulled over so I assume all is well. Will go ahead and repack them for piece of mind.

First project will be building rack for it and getting rid of the slipper springs.

9nick4

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Indiana
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Stewart
Member #

Man that's a good platform, cant wait to see the progress.

TXJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
James
Last Name
C
Thanks, switched the axle out the axle for a 3500 pound, zero camber unit and added 35's to match the Jeep. Gets me 2 extra spares, if things go bad.

Simple box is going on tomorrow. Angle iron corners with 2x8 slats.

IMG_0493-1.jpg

Angle iron sides are loose here, I don't weld. Will be bolting the sides on tomorrow. A lot of time to come drilling out some angle iron.

IMG_0519.jpg

Ordered a custom tarp, 5x5 to cover it and make it waterproof. Heavy duty as hell. $35 and got it from India in like 4 days.

Attachments

Reactions: Bob (Fishingbob)

TXJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
James
Last Name
C
Nice! Can you supply source for the custom tarp?
Here you go, Covers and All, they gave me a delivery date of about 2 weeks out but it shipped in a day. They will make tarps in any size by the foot and custom fitted covers to the inch.

Still didn't get time to bolt down the front and rear panels. 3 kids really suck up your time.

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 9.20.22 AM.png

Reactions: 9nick4