Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
You can't let fear run your life. Go live it. Take precautions, but don't quit living. It isn't so much, when you die, but what you do while you are alive.

Just a PS. I am a cancer survivor and have had 19 orthopedic surgeries including 6 on my neck that has half the vertebrae fused. NEVER LOOK BACK. My mom told me once something that stayed with me all these years...they can't eat you.

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I kept hearing for years from my mother. This might be my last Christmas..such a guilt filled statement. She is still on top of the dirt...
My mother said that to me once... as she begged me to come home... if there is anything in this life I regret, it’s not coming home for Christmas of 2012. By the time I was able to come back home in February of 2013, she had already passed and been laid to rest.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
absolutely.
No need to try to save peoples lives. My grandmother has lived long enough I guess.
Common sense is what it takes, not government. But then again you cant fix stupid even with government intervention for those who think they can.
I'm 85 and not in great health as I have stated here in the forums. I get out when necessary (haven't been a galivant for years anyway) and I do take all the preventions because I know I am vulnerable. If I were younger and could endure the disease better I would NOT take the same precautions. I would take on the virus and become immune to it like I have with all the flu viruses in the past 60 some-odd years. That's the what it will take to stop it if they dont get a reliable vaccine. I'm not convinced this is not a political hype by those who want to put us into a panic situation and blame someone who didn't bring it to us and has no responsibility to find the cure in hopes of gaining ground on their political positions. It's in science hands, not the political factions. Do whatever you feel is best for you and your family but dont go stupid !

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I listen to science, not media. Science doesnt lie.
In school, people who don't believe in science, fail.

Reactions: MidOH

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I listen to science, not media. Science doesnt lie.
In school, people who don't believe in science, fail.
Apply science to history, and boom. Masks and social distancing did nothing to stop the Spanish flu. Heck the borders were locked down due to WW1.

Sickly people are welcome to stay home and order groceries online.