Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

My wife and I watched the YouTube video for the 2016 trip and it brought back fond memories. What a great time we had and we want to get our names in, spot reserved as soon as possible for the 2017 rally. If there has been any threads or posts or emails sent out please let us know.

Special thanks to Corrie and Michael for all their hard work.

goleee33

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Tustin, CA
Member #

This could be a good thread if Michael and Corrie haven't thought of anything yet (I'm sure they have though). Events as big as this could be, should be planned out at the very least 6 months ahead I would think!

Mark D

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Whittier CA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dickens
Member #

Thanks Steve but your link comes up as an error. My fear is, they will announce it and I won't see the thread for a few days. I want to send my money in now :)

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all! Wow! OK, here we go! I have not even finished the 2016 YouTube videos yet! Right now the "safe Dates" to block off are:

September 28th - October 1st

We do the off the grid the last weekend of September, and in 2017 Sunday is October 1st. The 28th may or may not be an "official" day, but some folks and setup crew will be there that day.

Next year, we are likely going to move venues (still in central CA), since this year we proved we have outgrown Camp Edison. 2017 camp may be truly "Off the Grid", though we will want to have infrastructure to still make it accessible to the masses.

Wait, am I getting excited about 2017 OTG already?

M

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

@Michael Are there more OTG Rally 2016 videos coming?
Off The Grid 2017 in september or Nellis AFB airshow in november?
I want to do both, but that's not really an option (neither is the OTG rally unless I can get a ride with someone).

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Y
@Michael Are there more OG Rally 2016 videos coming?
Off The Grid 2017 in september or Nellis AFB airshow in november?
I want to do both, but that's not really an option (neither is the OTG rally unless I can get a ride with someone).
es! More videos coming!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
What would it take to have some of us East of the Mississippi types to get something like this going over here? Surely we could do the heavy lifting and get it organized.

What if...what if...we set out on the Trans American Trail from the East, and y'all set out from the west and we had us a good ol fashioned rendezvous somewhere about half way. Genius, right?
I really like this idea. I'd love to make this happen.

GregS

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Inland Empire, CA
Member #

What would it take to have some of us East of the Mississippi types to get something like this going over here? Surely we could do the heavy lifting and get it organized.

What if...what if...we set out on the Trans American Trail from the East, and y'all set out from the west and we had us a good ol fashioned rendezvous somewhere about half way. Genius, right?
Was wondering who was right after me in the numerical ranks. lol. I think your idea is great!