Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

I know I've heard @administrator mention it, but I haven't seen anything around the approximate dates.

I'm starting to look at my summer schedule, and I'd really like to make it this year, but I have no idea where I should be slotting it in.

Is there any insight you can provide as to even a couple possible weekends?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I know I've heard @administrator mention it, but I haven't seen anything around the approximate dates.

I'm starting to look at my summer schedule, and I'd really like to make it this year, but I have no idea where I should be slotting it in.

Is there any insight you can provide as to even a couple possible weekends?
Plan on this being in September! That time worked for most folks. We'll probably do it again at that time!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Late September *almost* worked out for us this past year. We'd have needed to beat feet to get there in time after Seattle Pacific University's freshmen orientation, but we really, seriously considered it. Screwing up the CV joints killed it for us, as we ended up in a Subaru dealership getting repairs while y'all were having all the fun.

But no orientation this next fall, and if we drive out to Seattle again, California may be in the cards!

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Late September *almost* worked out for us this past year. We'd have ended to beat feet to get there in time after Seattle Pacific University's freshmen orientation, but we really, seriously considered it. Screwing up the CV joints killed it for us, as we ended up in a Subaru dealership getting repairs while y'all were having all the fun.

But no orientation this next fall, and if we drive out to Seattle again, California may be in the cards!
Awesome!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

You fly over here and I take care of the rest. I have two cars, two drivers, so two teams.
And plenty of nice tracks to drive here.
Campsites and such arent that expensive.
But I checked the tickets. Good lord, not cheap. Think I have to order more T-shirts, hehehe.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
You fly over here and I take care of the rest. I have two cars, two drivers, so two teams.
And plenty of nice tracks to drive here.
Campsites and such arent that expensive.
But I checked the tickets. Good lord, not cheap. Think I have to order more T-shirts, hehehe.
Ha! That's funny. Some day!

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

Same thing goes on this end... If anyone wants to fly over, I have two rigs. The Chuck Wagon, and the little trail runner.

I'd be happy to work something out. Though it's a trip in and of itself to get from here (Tacoma, WA) down to Northern California.
I'll drive with you! There are a few more Washington members, maybe we could collect some Oregon members as we go, have a real convoy! Might scare all the Prius's out of California if we get enough tire noise going!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @administrator did you see David @cencalifoothills15 had more than 70 rigs show up for a one day snow ride up Bald? I'm starting to wonder about the #s for OTGR16! We'll need that whole beach front down below!
I agree! To maintain the quality of the event, we will need to pick the max number and keep it to that. I just don't think we will be able to accommodate everyone. We'll pick a size we can scale to confidently. We wouldn't go to 200 for example. I think that is scaling too fast. We had 75 people last time. Go to 100? 150 max? Not sure. Corrie and I will brain it out a bit and plan the right number.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Yes, it would have to be limited in some way. (Maybe this is a good example for a membership perk? To have a spot?)

Also, not just the number of people, but the number of rigs. We did have a few pull in ... Unannounced...be we (kinda) had room and it was fine. I don't think that after OBs recent growth, that's ever going to be feasible again. Also, theres the thoughts of treading lightly in play too. We could have a huge amount of rigs. Good problems to have nonetheless.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Michael and Corrie,

If I should do that event, and I would let scale up unlimited (more or less) I would be sure that I have two or three routes for the weekend. So you can have one big camp, but you can spread the crowd over three routes. And you just go each day with the same route, so everyone is able to come along with you folks.
It is not just the track, but the company which counts.

Greetings from Robert

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hello Michael and Corrie,

If I should do that event, and I would let scale up unlimited (more or less) I would be sure that I have two or three routes for the weekend. So you can have one big camp, but you can spread the crowd over three routes. And you just go each day with the same route, so everyone is able to come along with you folks.
It is not just the track, but the company which counts.

Greetings from Robert
Very good suggestion Sir!

Thank you!

M

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Resurrecting this thread... The weather has started to get nice, and now I'm thinking about all the stuff I have planed for the year.

This is the longer of my 2 trips.

I know the dates have been set, but has there been any thought on when registration is going to open up? Do we know if the cost is going to be per rig? per person? both?

I can't wait for this, I've already requested the week before and after for time off work!