Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
A little too much lurking and I signed up to the forum too late to participate. I think a Winter 2017 OTG Rally would make up for it nicely. Let's see...how about either Mojave Road, or maybe Joshua Tree or Death Valley....hmmm.
I like all these suggestions!

Reactions: WCO_Ryan and Judge

Wooks

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Member #

image.jpg image.jpeg
My family and I have some great memories from this trip and we are so glad we were able to meet many OB members.

Many many years ago my parents bought me the book "4-Wheel Freedom" by DeLong. I was 14 at the time and I read it cover to cover countless times before I ever even had a drivers permit. As I've ventured out in my own off road escapades through the years I've always gone back to the guidance in this book. Technique over brute force, excessive consideration over excessive modification. If I remember correctly the book referenced "big tires" as 33s and the most important part of the vehicle build was a proper set of tow hooks.

It was really a blast heading up the trail with a group that kept these same principles. Not that the rigs weren't awesome and I definitely came home with a long list of future upgrades for the 80 but overall the emphasis really seemed to be not on what you drive but how you drive it and I really appreciated that.

A special thanks to @Disco2Guy for being an exceptional team lead! Go red team!

awolfnspirit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Layton, Utah
Member #

A little too much lurking and I signed up to the forum too late to participate. I think a Winter 2017 OTG Rally would make up for it nicely. Let's see...how about either Mojave Road, or maybe Joshua Tree or Death Valley....hmmm.
Man, all of them would be quite a ways for me and the family. I wish I could. Maybe in a few years I could make a trip like this. Right now I live for the weekend warrior trips.