Off-Roading in Maine--Question

• HTML tutorial

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Members familiar with ME, please look at this video and let me know if you can identify the trail. Is it Bald Mountain Trail? I know it has to be near Rangely, but I'm just not sure exactly where and they never mention it in the video.

We're doing the VT/NH/ME part of the Appalachian Byway in October and this trail would be a nice on to add to the itenerary. We're also open to other suggestions you may have. We have some good technical stuff in VT, but NH and ME are more scenic, which is great, but we'd like a bit more challenge as we move eastward.

Any help is appreciated!

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Not sure but due to the Tree farm sign at the beginning of the video it was probably private land. Guy probably had permission. Looks like he owns or works at at 4x4 shop in Scarborough. Maybe message him on facebook?

Reactions: Road and DanW

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Not sure but due to the Tree farm sign at the beginning of the video it was probably private land. Guy probably had permission. Looks like he owns or works at at 4x4 shop in Scarborough. Maybe message him on facebook?
Thanks!

Here's another that doesn't say where they are, but it is beautiful and looks like a tough climb! And again, I don't see them say where it is.

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army