Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

Santa left me a great piece of gear for the overlanding / off grid property kit. Ryobi 40V Chainsaw.

Solar generator or onboard inverter. No gas required.

Limited in use and limitations recognized, but better than nothing!!

And, on the Cubby Good Piece of Gear scale this rates a “Great Piece of Gear”.

Attachments

Reactions: terryg

Tundran247

Rank I

Contributor III

Westerville, OH, USA
First Name
dan
Last Name
hupp
I've been considering an electric saw for my truck, I have an ms180 that I gave $40 for and runs superb though- with a 12" bar it's great for the trail / camp. can't justify one with 3 perfectly running gas saws though- maybe one day. that should be perfect for any light camp duties or trail clearing.

Reactions: CubbyXL7

CubbyXL7

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

I've been considering an electric saw for my truck, I have an ms180 that I gave $40 for and runs superb though- with a 12" bar it's great for the trail / camp. can't justify one with 3 perfectly running gas saws though- maybe one day. that should be perfect for any light camp duties or trail clearing.
I’ve watched a number of YouTube channels that have used these for overlanding and for off grid property, so I like the idea. Thought I’d throw out there for a Christmas present, and….

We have a couple of acres off grid enough there is no gas station for at least an hour or better, but we do have a small solar power system that will recharge batteries quite well. I will still carry the gas powered saw on f the work will require it, but if not this one will take less room and no extra gas.

Now just gotta get there and try it out. It’s too clean!

Tundran247

Rank I

Contributor III

Westerville, OH, USA
First Name
dan
Last Name
hupp
I’ve watched a number of YouTube channels that have used these for overlanding and for off grid property, so I like the idea. Thought I’d throw out there for a Christmas present, and….

We have a couple of acres off grid enough there is no gas station for at least an hour or better, but we do have a small solar power system that will recharge batteries quite well. I will still carry the gas powered saw on f the work will require it, but if not this one will take less room and no extra gas.

Now just gotta get there and try it out. It’s too clean!
makes sense, let us know how it performs!

Reactions: CubbyXL7

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Rear or Top hand? I just got cash for Xmas and also considering getting one. Didn’t realize there are different kinds. Does it really matter?

Last edited: